Chapter 3 : Third Time's a Pinky Promise - Part 5 - Class Trial

"Upupupu! And so we've returned!"

Yaomomo glared up at Monokuma, who was seated on Kurogiri's lap on the velvet throne. The warping villain gazed down emotionlessly at the students; if masses of swirling indigo gas could even express emotion, that is.

"Everyone, please go to your podiums. The trial is beginning."

Yaomomo slowly stepped up to her place. Around the ring, there were another set of signs set up. In Hanta and Mina's places were a pair of profile shots of them with a red X drawn over their faces. The signs of the dead.

And Yuga... Yuga's podium had no sign. It was just empty. Devoid.

A reminder of his freedom. How he's alive, and free...

"I assume you don't need a rerun of the rules, right? That'd just be a  boring waste of my words! Any questions before we begin?"

"Ah, yes. Monokuma, I've been wanting to ask you this for a while..."

"What is it, Fumikage?"

"About the double-kill. Is there any rule about the number of murderers? Is it possible there were two killers?" Fumikage questioned.

"Hmm. One killer? Two? Who knows?! There's no rules about that, so good luck figuring it out yourself!" Monokuma replied cheerily. "Is that all?" He paused and noted the silence. "Good! Now let the third class trial begin!"

>Class Trial : Start!<

"Let's begin this case with the Monokuma File. We can go from there," Fumikage suggested.

"Sure." Yaomomo pulled out the file and began reading through it. "The victims were Mina Ashido and Hanta Sero. Mina's fatal wound is a crushed windpipe, and there is heavy bruising on her head. The pair of scissors in Hanta's abdomen is his cause of death."

"Why is it so vague? It doesn't give half the information we need!" Eijirou wailed.

"That's because the information, if given, would provide the keys to the entire case. Isn't that right, Monokuma?" Fumikage implored.

"Yup! Right you are!" Monokuma grinned. "Your job is to solve those mysteries!"

"So we have to figure out who died first, Hanta's fatal wound, possibly any other wounds the two had, and the weapon used in Mina's murder," Yaomomo listed.

"But- but isn't Hanta's fatal wound the one inflicted by the scissors?" Tamaki asked quietly.

"But that one wound could've had any number of fatal outcomes," Shouto retorted. "It could have been blood loss over a prolonged period of time. It could be the piercing of a vital organ. Or, the scissors wound could be a red herring, and the killer used another, hidden means of murder."

The trial room fell silent after that. So many options... how are we supposed to know which one is the correct one?

"But first," Mirio spoke up. "I think we should clear up the order of the deaths first. It could prove crucial in the end."

"Good idea," Fumikage sighed. "Let us discuss."

>Non-stop Debate : Start!

Truth Bullets : Crumpled duct tape, Blood on closet floor, Monokuma File #3, Knot on rope, Stool, Blood on Mina's right hand, Rope<

"So, who died first? Mina or Hanta?" Mirio murmured.

"H-how would we find out?" Tamaki asked. "Does the Monokuma File say anything about it?"