Keeping a Secret

1 hour later
Kara's POV
If I had to choose what I hate most about being in the condition I am, I would say it's the worrying. And the others know. But now..I'm starting to hate all the check ups, and tests equally.
So here I am, in my Suit, sitting on a hospital bed as Caitlin is taking more of my blood for her serums.
"Why can you use Clark's?" I ask
"It's different. His blood isn't tainted with kryptonite. Yours is. And the serum is to help you push the power dampening away. Giving you all your powers for a specific amount of time." Caitlin said.
"At least we know why I don't have my powers!...uhhh..when exactly will I get my powers back?" I asked.
Caitlin smiled and looked at me.
"Well! After this mission with Luthor, I can hook you up and I can flush out the kryptonite in your system. But then your going to have to head home, and clean out every food item! And replace it..then your power should be back by tomorrow." She informed me gleaming.
I smiled and hugged her tightly.
"Right when I get back! We are so doing this!" I said.
Caitlin laughed and then added my blood into some machine, in a vile. Then she put some other files in the machine.
"You can leave the room and check with Superman about the plan. Remember, it's only Batman, Nightwing, and the two
Of you." Caitlin told me smiling.
I nodded and left the room. Clark, Dick, and Bruce were all talking.
"You know what you have to do." Bruce asked looking at me.
"Wait for Batman and Superman to give a signal..or if the palm goes off rails. Nightwing is with you because no one knows Supergirl's alive." I said.
"Great this should be.." Clark trailed off when Bruce nudged him.
Bruce stared at Clark who sighed in defeat.
"Whatever that's about..I don't want to know." I said and then left the cortex. I was walking down the hallways when footsteps made me turn. Clark was running up behind me.
"Kara..Can we..talk?" He asked nervously.
I bit my lip and stopped turning to him.
"S-Sure...A-About the plan?" I asked avoiding his eyes.
"N-No."
"Then what?"
Clark shuffled his feet and scraped the back of his neck.
"About..our..little...Ehm..Quarrel Earlier." Clark said and I cleared my throat and stared at him.
"Why?" I asked bluntly.
"Kara..I..I didn't know you felt like that...and you know I didn't mean to hurt you." Clark said staring at me softly.
I scoffed.
"You didn't know?"
Clark stared at me confused.
"No..I didn't. I never thought you would ever had to deal like that. You grew up on-"
"Krypton!" I cut him off by shouting, "on Krypton! News Flash! It died! And how did it die? Because of three major events! Our Star exploded. We started mining recourses right from the planets core! And guess which family used most of those materials. The house of El."
Clark blinked in shock.
"Kara. You can't possibly blame yourself." He said gently.
"Can't I? Maybe not for the planet but for my parents death I can!" I snapped.
"Kara! Your parents knew what was going to happen! They sent you away so you could live and..and...take care of your baby cousin." Clark said his voice becoming almost a whisper in the last part.
"Your right. They did. But I didn't. They didn't tell me of their plan. They brought me to the pod and told me to climb in. Then my father shut the lid above me." I said choking at the memory, "I on the glass from the inside and screamed for them to open it. They didn't. My father looked at me sadly but forced a smile on his face as the room started to collapse. My mother had tears in her eyes and leaned on the glass and then stared at me and smiled. They explained to me everything in the short amount of time. And then told me my mission."
"Kara-"
" I promised them Clark." I cut him off tears down my face, my arms across my chest, " I promised that I would raise and protect you. But I failed. I failed my parents. I failed my home."
"Kara..you could let have known your pod would've been knocked into the Phantom Zone for 26 years!" Clark argues.
I looked away and then back at him.
"Maybe I didn't. But you want to know that last thing they told me Clark?" I asked.
Clark didn't answer.
"We love you Kara. And we know you'll do everything to protect Kal-El. You are the daughter of the House of El. You will protect those who need it. And..And..." I choked, "and you will give a name for all Kryptonians. Showing our strength and intelligence."
Clark sighed and placed one hand omg shoulder and stared me straight in the eye.
"And you did all of those.. and more! Kara..you may have not been able to raise Kal-El, but you didnt fail anyone, or anything." Clark said, "you became SuperGirl! You saved millions of lives. And when your powers are back. You'll save even more!"
I stared at Clark and then ran and hugged him tightly and started sobbing on his shoulder.
Clark returned the hug and kissed the top of my head.
"I-I am s-So sorry! K-Kal!" I said between sobs.
"Shh..I'm sorry too." Clark said.
20 minutes later(Third Person)
Kara was sitting in the rafters of the warehouse. The others still hadn't arrived. They were waiting for Lex Luthor to show his face. And he did.
Lex walks into the room followed by 15 other men. Superman, Nightwing, and Batman breached into the room and Lex stopped.
"Superman..I would think you would have learned to leave me be." Lex said.
"Why would I let a villain like you run around?" Superman said.
"Kryptonite. After all....it's what your cousin used to fake her death." Lex said.
Kara tensed in the rafters and saw the other three go silent and shocked.
"Oh. You must've though I wouldn't find out. I did." Lex said.
"How!?" Nightwing growled.
Lex eyed the boy and then smirked.
"I have my ways."
"What are you up to Lex?" Batman said.
"This." Lex said and then flicked a switch the lights turned green and Superman fell down in pain.
"Kal!" Kara hissed under her breath.
One of them shot chains out and it tied around Batman, and Nightwing arms and legs.
Similar chain were tied around Superman's legs and arms, except they were glowing green.
"Crap..." Kara muttered.
Nightwing looked in to the rafters and shook his head slightly, then dropped eye contact.
The lights then went off for about a minute and Kara blinked in confusion. Then they switched back on and no one was in the room.
"What.." Kara muttered and jumped down. She injected one serum into her arm and used her X-ray vision.
"Sh*t...It's made of lead." Kara said as she spotted nothing. She flew to a door and used her superheating and dented a heartbeat beating slowly.
"Kal!" Kara exclaimed and then opened the door. She then used her flight and speed heading towards the noise. Guards blocked the door and Kara punched them both knocking them out.
"Superman!" Kara yelled as she opened the door.
Her cousin was breathing heavily his eyes fluttering open and closed. Batman was near him gagged, and struggling in the chains.
Kara ran over and placed her hands on the kryptonite chains.
Nothing.
She then pulled them apart and held her cousin steady.
The girl then turned to Batman and used her heat vision to break the chains.
Once he was free Batman whipped The gag off and coughed.
"He took Nightwing..to the roof...." Batman spoke as he dropped a yellow Sun bomb.
"He knows. I'm here. We have to charge together." Kara said as the bomb exploded into yellow dust.
Her cousin straighten up slightly and nodded.
"Can you fly?" Batman asked.
"Yeah..and I can carry you." Superman said.
"Let's go!" Kara exclaimed and flew out the room.
Ignoring Batman's protests, Superman grabbed him and flew after his cousin.
Kara burst out into the roof and froze at the sight.
"SuperGirl! What a wonderful surprise! How's Your scars doing?! I'm surprised you survived Zoom and his men." Lex laughed as he stepped down a platform.
Kara narrowed her eyes as Superman growled behind her.
"How do you know that?" Batman said.
"Forget it! Release Nightwing Lex!" Kara yelled and flew forward slightly.
She set her eyes on the boy.
Nightwing had a chain around his legs, and one around his arms, pinning them behind his back. There was a rope around his neck, and a gag in his mouth.
"I don't want to." Lex said simply.
"You touch him...I will end you." Kara growled, and Nightwing went wide eyed.
"No you won't." Lex said smugly.
Superman narrowed his eyes.
"Let him go Lex." The alien said
"...I would...but..I can't." Lex said and then clicked a button.
A whirring noise made them look at the platform. The wood beneath Nightwing was sliding away and Nightwing went wide.
"LEX!" Batman yelled as Kara was being fueled with dread.
"Tick Tock." Lex said and then threw the button off the building.
Kara yelled in rage and then flew towards Lex her arms pulled back into a punched.
Lex pulled out a gun and it flowed green and he fired.
Kara stopped and put her hands up.
The bullets hit her skin and then fell to the ground.
Kara looked at the bullets and then smirks at Lex's shocked face.
"Impossible! Those had kryptonite in them!!" Lex said and the fired somemore. They all bounced off her. Kara flew towards him and Lex smirked.
"Maybe your immune. But he isn't!" Lex yelled and fired past Kara.
Kara turned her head and shrieked as the bullet hit Superman in his waist.
"SUPERMAN!!" She yelled.
Superman stumbled and then fell to his side.
"TICK TOCK SUPERGIRL!" Lex yelled and then ran away.
Body guards ran on to the roof and attacked The three hero's. SuperGirl eyed Nightwing who was keeping his feet on the wooden plank as much as possible. It was half way across.
"Batman! Help Superman!" Kara yells sand then flew upward.
She eyed the string above Nightwing and shot her heat vision on the thick rope.
Batman ran towards Superman who was panting and punching people away.
"Superman." Batman said helping him.
"I'm...uh..fine.." Superman panted.
Batman didn't add on but he was aware of the Man of Steel's condition.
One of the men pulled out a gun and shot a few more bullets at Superman and they all hit him.
Superman yelled out in pain making Kara Stop and turn to look down at him as he fell down bleeding.
"Su-"
"STAY WITH NIGHTWING SUPERGIRL!!" Batman yelled.
Kara nodded and flew down.
She ran towards the platform and stepped onto the wood.
Nightwing eyed her and shook his head frantically.
"I'm going to help you!" Kara yelled as the boy attempted to yell her name.
Kara stepped near Nightwing and let out a yell of surprise as she was shocked.
"I'll just cut it." SuperGirl muttered and then fired another heat vision. But it stopped in a few minutes and then came back.
Kara felt a thud on her back which sent pain up her back and she fell forward into the barrier. The barrier shocked her and she felt it burn her skin.
Nightwing yelled again and then eyed the platform underneath him. It was almost out.
Kara punched the man and winded at the pain.
"My powers.." SuperGirl muttered.
"Batman!!!" She yelled her eyes wide.
Batman looked to her and nodded as he spotted what had happened.
He ran over and Kara took his place near her cousin and knocked out the remaining men.
"You have to try SuperGirl!!" Batman said as he fumbled with the barrier.
SuperGirl took a deep breath and fired a heat vision towards the rope.
Her strength drained from her body but she didn't stop. She screamed in pain but kept going just as the platform ended.
Nightwing started kicking his legs and then his eyes fluttered close
Kara pushed her powers to the limit and cut the rope and destroyed the barrier. Nightwing dropped and Batman ran and caught the limp boy who was barley breathing.
Bruce ripped off the gang and checked the pulse and sighed in relief. He then looked to Kara who was panting and beside her cousin.
"Kal...please come on.." she muttered as Clark let out a groan.
She smiled and then looked up as Bruce came to kneel beside her still holding Dick.
"NIGHTWING!" Kara shrieked and then knelt over him as Bruce laid him on the roof.
"Speak to me!!" Kara yelled as Lex came around the roof and laughed.
Nightwing coughed and his eyes flew open.
"SG..." he croaked and Kara smiled.
"Strong boy. But he's hopefully dead." Lex laughed.
"Flash, and a breach please. We have Superman down." Batman spoke into coms.
Kara stood up and ran at Lex just as
A breach opened and Barry zoomed in. He stopped and went wide eyed at the sight.
"YOU STUPID" Kara yelled.
Lex punched her back and Kara gasped in pain. She stumbled back and scowled.
"Not so tough now aren't you?" Lex said and held her jaw. He tilted her head up and Kara punched him away.
"SuperGirl! Get Superman to Medical!" Batman yelled from behind as he helped Nightwing stand.
"BUT-" Kara argued.
"NOW!"
Kara spit at Lex and grabbed Superman along with Flash as he supersped Clark to the Labs. Flash came back through the breach and glared at Lex who was cackling.
"Poor aliens. I never answered Superman's question." He was saying.
Bruce narrowed his eyes.
"How did you know about Supergilr and Zoom?" He growled.
"Let me answer that question, with another question." Lex said, "how did Zoom get his hands on kryptonite and red sun tech?"
The heroes fell silent as they understood exactly what Lex had just said. Nightwing yelled in anger and Batman held him back.
"YOU! YOU GAVE HIM THE ITEMS!" Nightwing yelled.
Lex laughed and nodded.
"ILL DESTORY YOU LEX!" Nightwing said and Batman covered his mouth.
"Run away Luthor." Barry spat and Lex smirked.
A helicopter came behind him and Lex boarded. He then waved to the heroes as the glared at him. The helicopter flew off and Batman let go of Dick.
"Dick!" Bruce yelled.
"HES THE REASON SHE-" dick yelled but stopped as Barry raised his hand.
"We can't tell her. And we can't tell Clark. Not even Superboy. If any of them find out...Luthor is as good as dead. And They'll become monsters." Barry said.
Dick looked down and nodded.
"Also...we can't let the public know about SuperGirl. It depends on Kara if she wants to get back on the field after her powers, and Clark is alright." Bruce said as the three walked into the breach.
"Fine. And Dick. Go check on her." Barry said.
Dick nodded and ran off his rage for Luthor rising every step.