Prolouge

One year ago:
The streets were filled with cracks. The buildings were broken. And the Young Justice and Justice League were covered in blood.
Infront of them stood Overgirl. A doppelgänger of SuperGirl. She came with her army to destroy earth. But her army was dead. Overgirl had yellow and green glows emitting from ever inch of her skin.
"She's going to blow soon!" Batman said
"If I'm going to die. Your pathetic earth will come along!" Overgirl yelled and charged. Lois Lane and her camera man were live with the whole thing. Everyone on the planet was watching. 
Superman punched Overgirl back making her yelp. Her eyes were now green and yellow.
"She's going to blow!" Superboy yelled.
SuperGirl stood up and looked at the replica of herself, and then looked to the others.
"I have an idea. But none of you can intervene!" She yelled
"What?!" Nightwing Asked
"Superman. Thank you for everything you've done for me" SuperGirl said hugging her cousin.
"Supergirl?" He said.
SuperGirl supersped towards Overgirl and grabbed her. She then shot into the sky.
"WHAT IS SHE DOING!?" Wonder Woman yelled.
"She'll die due to the kryptonite in Overgirl system!" Green Arrow said.
Superman couldn't fly. He didn't have enough energy. He watched as SuperGirl flew higher and higher fighting Overgirl as she did so.
"Adios!" SuperGirl yelled and then tried to fly down as the glowing became even brighter.
"NO! If I die! YOUR COMING WITH ME!" Overgirl yelled and held SuperGirl in place as she yelled in pain.
Then a huge flash of green and yellow erupted from the sky making Superman going pale.
"SUPERGIRL!" Everyone yelled. When the smoke faded. There was nothing. A piece of red fabric was left and every person on earth was silent.
"Is she?" Some one said
"where did she go!?"
"She gone!"
"Supergirl is dead!"
Voices and mutters of shock erupted through the street.
"Superman.." Shiera said.
All the hero's looked towards the shaking male. His eyes were wide and he looked hurt. Then Superman fell to
His knees and let out a yell of anger.
"What's That?" Hal asked
They looked up. Something small was falling. It fell infront of Nightwing and he picked it up and choked.
It was a necklace.
It was SuperGirl's necklace.

One month later
Nothing got better. It's as if the whole world lost its shine. Japan has held a massive five day festival in honor of SuperGirl, Metropolis built a memorial. Martha and Johnathan Kent flew to Metropolis for a funeral. The whole world new it. SuperGirl had died. Nightwing continued his work with Young Justice. Superman didn't speak, and barley showed any effort or emotion when he took down bad guys. Lois Lane has tried to comfort him, as she knew who he and Supergirl were without their capes. But nothing.
The watchtower has also gone rather quiet. SuperGirl had been one of the youngest hero's up there, and she had proven to be quite a joy. But she was gone. And so was that joy.
With the Young Justice team stationed in Mount Justice, the team couldn't cope. They did their missions. They ate. They slept. But that was it. They talked when they needed too but the team had always found Nightwing in Supergirl's spare room crying. Superboy was shaken. He had lost the first family ever given to him. SuperGirl was the reason he and Superman even got along.

Time
Time went on and on everyone getting better. Of course others took longer. But who could blame them?
They just watched the Girl of Steel die.