Fortress of Escape

Kara's POV
I didn't know why. I didn't want to.
But I did.
I yelled and said hurtful to the last member of my blood line.
But here I am now, tears streaming down my face as I walk through the white snow through the arctic.
Why am I at the arctic? Because this is where the Fortress Of Solitude was.
I wiped the cold tears from my face as the huge ice doors stood in front of me. I placed a hand on the cold blue surface and watched the light scan my hand. Then the door opened and I walked in.
I slammed it shut and levitated slightly and flew to a room with a computer and objects. A huge ice statue of a man and woman holding a sphere up was the highlight of the architecture.
I walked to the computer and typed away the symbols, which were the letters, which had been spoken on the dead planet I called home.
I pressed keys and then I turned around as a large hole opened in the floor infront of me and two ships were brought up to view.
These were the pods. The pods me and Kal-El had been brought in.
I twisted my lips into a frown as his name popped into my mind. It left leaving a sour taste making me want to punch his face.
"Come on Kara...just find what you need...and run away." I said to myself and walked to one of the two pods.
I opened it and climbed inside and let my eyes wander the inside.
The buttons and screen weren't glowing as they would when the ship was powered. I took my right hand and traced my fingers along the designs on the inside and stopped at a compartment.
"I..I never opened this..." I muttered, "not even in the Phantom Zone.."
I opened the hatch and found, what looked like a silver circle with a blue glowing line.
But it wasn't that. It was holographic message. Recorded.
I took it and climbed out the pod and traced my fingers on the outside of the ship and closed my eyes as the memories of Krypton flooded my head.
I opened my eyes and then let the pods return back to the secured chamber below the floor.
"W-Why can't I just be normal.." I said.
"Because Your SuperGirl." A voice answered.
I placed the hologram down near the console and turned to see the Young Justice.
"Come to take me back? Or have you come to worry about me?" I said.
I floated slightly and grabbed a box and then fell down slightly drained.
"We actually came to just talk...we didn't know you felt like that.." Meagen said flying forward towards me.
I frowned and turned away from her, grabbing the hologram and walked into a room, with a table, tools, and a console.
"Talk? About what. My powers? The way I hurt myself?" I said hearing their footsteps enter the room.
"Yes..But we also just came to make sure you were okay." Kaldur said and that made me narrow my eyes.
I didn't look at them. I opened the box and threw the lid towards them and heard there started yelps.
"Oops..it slipped. Guess you should add anger management to the list of things you have to worry about me." I spat not looking at them.
I started rumbling through the items in the box. There were some crystals, and some trinkets from Krypton made from ice.
"Kara.." Conner said from behind me.
I hugged annoyed and pushed the box away from me and turned to the tools that were in the room.
"Where is it?" I said aloud completely ignoring my guests.
"Fine. Be glad it's us! Clark was going to come in after you!" Artemiz said.
"Maybe he should've had. Then I could tell him more hurtful things I'll regret later." I spat still searching.
An arm gripped my wrist and I looked up to see Dick, fully in his suit, mask and all.
"Kara...I care about you a lot! And this..isn't you. Or maybe it is. I don't know anymore. But i do know that you always hate asking for help. Because you hate having others risk themselves." Dick said as I softened my gaze, "I also know that You would risk your life for anyone. But what I am sure of is that you don't realize it from our point of view."
"Your point of view?" I related furrowing my brows confused.
"In our view, and your cousin included..we see someone in hurt. And we see her as someone we care about. I hate asking for help. And so does Bruce, and Clark. But we would risk our lives for anyone. Including you." Dick answered.
I nodded slowly and then sighed.
"Fine. I get it." I said pulling away from him. I saw the slight hurt in his eyes but I ignored it reluctantly.
"Someone HELP me find a tool that looks like a screwdriver but, made of crystal." I said.
"See! Already getting the hang of it!" Wally joked as the others all started looking.
"Is it this?" Conner asked after a few minutes.
I ran over and smiled. I took the tool and gave him a hug. Then I went to the hologram and turned it upside down and opened up a flap and revealed a blue crystal glowing.
"What's that?" Meagen asked.
"it means there's a message already recorded. I thought it would have lost its energy..but it didn't." I said adjusting the crystals position as we left the room.
Then I closed the flap and put it on the ground. I pressed a button and the hologram stirred to life.
It let out a glow and the icy building disappeared and we were standing in a modern building with a huge window.  I almost choked on tears.
"Where are we?" Kaldur asked.
"It's a hologram..of Krypton." I choked and walked to the window. I smiled as the city of Kandor was beaming with life.
The others came next to me and gasped.
"This is Kandor...the capital. The house elf El was located here. We're standing in my room" I said
"Your room!?! Damn Kara! You lived like royalty." Wally said.
"On Krypton...there were no poor. There were no hungry or homeless. Everyone had a place, and a house. But there was wealth. The house of El..were all part of the high council ruling Krypton." I explained.
"Cool..." Conner muttered
"Kara...I know your on Earth. And that means we're gone." A voice said and I turned around.
A man and woman who made tears roll down my cheeks stood staring at me.
"Mother...Father!" I said and ran forward.
"Hello my dear.." Alura, my mother said smiling.
She lifted her hand slightly and I went to hold it but my hand when right through making me sob.
"Don't cry Kara. You and your cousin Kal are safe." Zor El, my father said.
"B-But your dead!" I screamed at them.
I heard the others take in sharp breaths behind me.
My parents frowned and nodded.
"That we are. But...it doesn't stop our family. You and Kal can build a new Krypton on Earth. Teach them Kara. Use the Krypton tech you know so well, to shape earth." Zor El said making me blink.
"Earth is not a replacement! I will not rip this planet's culture to build a new Krypton!" I said surprised.
"Kara...we have to tell you something...important.." Alura said sadly.
"And what might that be?" I asked between sobs.
"Krypton...wasn't perfect. But...it was also spared. It's the reason you and your cousin live! So we tell you..to..find a new planet. And start rebuilding our society...we do not know if there were more survivors." My father said.
"You want me to leave Earth? AFTER YOU SENT ME HERE!" I shrieked
"It's a request." Father said.
I growled and walked right through them and pressed the button on the hologram and watched it shut off.
Soon we were back to standing in the fortress. I sat down infront of the device and stared at it. Then I said a word in Kryptonian and the pods came back up.
"Babe? What are you doing?" Dick said from behind me.
I stood up and grabbed the disc. I threw it into my pod and watched them descent in silence.
A hand gripped mine and I turned to see Dick smiling softly at me. I cried and hugged him sobbing into his chest as he brought his hands to stroke my shaking back.
"I c-can't..T-That w-wasn't then!" I sobbed.
"Yeah..I don't think it was.." Dick said and he kissed my head.
"We're going to head back...you two going to stay here?" Kaldur asked.
I heard Dick mumble a yes, and heard their footsteps leave.
"Hey...can we talk..." Dick said as he led me to sit down next to the statues of my aunt and uncle.
"Sure..." I said leaning into him.
"Can I say I am super mad that you were hurting yourself behind my back?" Dick said and I nodded.
"I'm sorry...it never hurt. It just felt..so normal." I admitted looking at him.
"It's fine...just..never again? And Caitlin told me about the food. I called Ella and told her to throw out all the food the man brought." He said looking back at me.
I smiled a Thanks and then lifted my hands to his face. I pulled off his mask and leaned up to kiss him.
And we did.
We kissed gently and then pulled away smiling.
"Kara...I know you may not be in a mood right now...but you have to come back to the tower.." my cousins voice said into my com.
"I'm sorry. I..I I don't know..I just.." I stared saying into the coms.
"I understand Kara. I'm sorry too." Clark spoke.
I smiled and Dick and I ran to the Zeta Tubes and teleported to the base. I walked in and ran to Clark who was glaring at the screen. I followed his gaze and groaned.
"Whats he doing!?!" Dick asked bitterly.
"Planning to kill Superman?" Meagen asked making me raise an eyebrow at her.
"What?"
"Nothing...I'm actually not even doubting that." I said.
Clark hissed, "wouldn't be surprised if all the body guards have bullets laced with Kryptonite."
Then I blinked.
"Kryptonite...." I said.
"Yeah...ya know..the thing that can kill you." Oliver said turning to me.
I went wide eyed at My realization. I then turned to Barry.
"I need Caitlin to make me a SuperGirl Sirem." I said
"A what?" Everyone said.
"I don't have my powers. And I need them. Plus..." I said then turned to Bruce and extended my hand.
"Give me a chunk of the green rock of death." I said making him do a double take.
"You want him to give you Kryptonite?" Diana asked.
I nodded and everyone stared at me.
"I can always just go grab it by my self.." I muttered but then Hal nodded to Bruce.
Bruce took out a Kryptonite chunk and tossed to to me.
I caught it and held it in my hand as everyone went wide eyed.
"Your immune?" Clark said
I shrugged in confusion.
"I don't know. But it's good. I just need my powers." I said.
Barry then nodded and ran away and then ran back.
"I told her. She's making it." Barry said.
"Kara..are you sure? What if it's only like this because you don't have your powers?" Dick said
I frowned at the thought and then shrugged.
"Worth a shot ain't it. Plus...that..will be your problem." I said eyeing Clark and Dick who both shared a glance.
"She gotcha you there." Wally said and the two groaned.
"Now we wait."