Chapter 12: The Fall Maiden

Roof top of Beacon

(Y/N) p.o.v

The woman who stood in front of me was wearing a red dress with yellow markings on them. Her hair covered one of her eyes and the one that showed shined like amber. Judging by the look on her face and her aura, she must be pretty strong. At least, for a human she was. I decided to put my stand away for now and measure her strength with mine. After all, I'm just trying to get information from her, not kill her.

(Y/N): Before we begin, I would like to know how you came across such power?

Cinder: Thought you'd never ask. Have you ever heard of the Maidens?

(Y/N): Maidens?

Cinder: There were once 4 young girls who helped an elderly man complete his chores. As thanks, the man gave the Maiden's power to them. The power they received gave them control over the seasons of Spring, Summer, Winter, and Fall. Over time, the young girls used and developed their powers to help humanity the best way possible. The power they had was certainly one of the strongest. Not at the level of Salem, but close. However, absolute power didn't mean death wasn't an issue. After the girls grew up and passed away, their powers found there way into somewhere else. This has occurred for thousands of years until yours truly just so happened to came across the Fall Maiden...

(Y/N): *Realizing where she's going* You killed her in order to take her power.

Cinder: I did, so what? From what Salem told me, you did the same.

(Y/N): The only difference is that I did it so that no one would look down on me again. You did it just to grow more powerful. In any case, how does Salem know that far into my origins?

Cinder: All will be revealed in time. For now, let me show you the true power of a Fall Maiden!

She threw a barrage of fireballs at me, in which I responded by dodging all of them and jumping towards her. I grabbed her hand and attempted to punch her, but she heated her hand gave mine a severe burn, causing me to let go. While I was distracted, she kicked me before attempting to escape. I used my Stingy Eyes to cut her leg a bit, causing her to trip and fall. I ran toward her as she was getting up, but then she grabbed two swords from her sleeves and stabbed me in the chest.

Cinder: This most likely won't kill you, but I'm certain it will be painful for you!

She dug the swords deeper and heated them so that they would burn me inside out. The pain was unbearable, but I ignored it. Before the heat could reach my heart, I grabbed her hands and started taking away all the moisture from them. Since she had the Fall Maiden's power, I wasn't able to freeze them, but I didn't need to. Her hands cooled to the point where the swords also started to get colder. I took that window of opportunity to push her off of me and grab the sword from my chest. I crushed them in my hands and threw the shards at her, making multiple cuts on her body. She retaliated by creating ice shards out of thin air and shooting them at me. As the shards came at me, I used my thumb and index finger to flick the shard the closest to me. The shard bounced off and hit another shard until a chain reaction was created, with shards bouncing off of each other until all of them were on the ground. Cinder was shocked of my level of coordination that allowed me to knock out all of them just by flicking one off. She screamed out and jumped a few feet from the ground. Suddenly, she was consumed by a sphere made of fire before facing the palms of her hands to me. A bright beam of fire shot at me and looked as though it could inflict serious damage to me. Before the beam hit me, I decided to finally use my trump card.

(Y/N): Za Warudo! Toki Yo Tomare!

Time froze and the beam stood still in the air, along with Cinder and everything else in the world. She really was extremely powerful. She got me to use my stand even when I promised myself not to. I could've easily dodged it, sure, but that would only lengthen the fight and I would be stuck wasting my energy on her. She was able to keep up with me fighting casually, and that's what concerns me. She said that Salem was more powerful than a Maiden. If the power of a Maiden is already able to keep up with me fighting casually, then what terror lies behind her? I decided to release the thought for now. Thanks to the gravity in stopped time, I was able to fly up to her and get close and personal. [The World] punched her hard in the stomach, but her face wouldn't register the pain until time started again. I descended beneath her so that I would be able to be next to her body when she fell before releasing her from my dimension.