Chapter 10: Geb

1 Hour Later

45 Days Left For Holly

(Y/N) p.o.v

We questioned the D'Arby brothers about Salem. After informing everyone else about who Salem was, teams RWBY and JNPR stood shocked. I would be too if I learned that Grimm followed one person and that she was immortal.

Pyrrha: T-That all seems too scary to be true...

Ren: So, what is our job now?

(Y/N): Easy, we just have to grab the black liquid and give it to Ironwood so that he can make a cure for Holly. It isn't our job to fight her, at least, not yet.

I turned to the D'Arby brothers for some more questions.

(Y/N): Where is Salem's castle?

D'Arby Elder: We don't know. The only time we talked to her was when she sent a Grimm to relay her message to us.

D'Arby Younger: If it helps, there's a woman Salem trusts to carry out most of her plans. She wears a red dress and has become a leader within the White Fang.

Ruby: Thanks, but why are you helping us?

Weiss: Yeah, weren't you two trying to get rid of (Y/N) just a few hours ago?

D'Arby Younger: When you defeated us, it insured that Salem would kill us on the spot if we come to her empty handed.

D'Arby Elder: Instead of going through that, we figured that if we lost, we should try helping the other side in hopes of getting rid of her.

(Y/N): A cowardly approach. However, an approach that does benefit us. Do you know where Cinder is?

D'Arby Younger: No, but we know of a place the White Fang go to meet. You could try going there and gather Intel. They also like to rob dust shops every now and then, so they might show up at one tonight.

(Y/N): Thanks. Blake, since you are a faunus and used to be part of the White Fang, would you mind sneaking in it and gather any information on this red dressed woman?

Blake: Sure, but I can't go alone. There's this monkey faunus I know named Sun. Could I bring him along?

(Y/N): Go ahead. It's safer than going alone. I'll prowl around at night to see if any members of the White Fang try to rob any of the shops. So you know what to do?

Blake nodded.

(Y/N): Alright, let's begin.

Time skip, 8:02 PM, Abandoned Warehouse

Blake p.o.v

Sun and I were on the roof of the building trying to listen to what they were saying, but all they did was make speeches about how humans should be wiped out. Honestly, its getting old fast.

Sun: Hey, Blake. Why do you trust (Y/N)?

Blake: What are you trying to say?

Sun: I mean, he looks intimidating and seems to have a ton of powers that could kill anyone. Doesn't that scare you a little?

Blake: *Sighs* It did at one point. We were genuinely afraid of the things he's done and the power he possesses. But over time, we saw how he still helped others when they needed it. He donated his blood to heal others, stood up for those being bullied, and even saved the lives of two of his friends. After all that, how could I see him as anything but a hero?