track 28 : vegas

When we managed to walk through the crowd without pausing a lot and exited the casino in one piece

When we managed to walk through the crowd without pausing a lot and exited the casino in one piece. Abby looked much lighter once we were out, asking whether we could watch Bellagio Fountains show. I'd rather prefer hitting a club to see the nightlife, but it was relatively early yet, and I didn't know if they would let us in. I looked older than my age and I relied on the fact that in Vegas the rules were less strict—or so I hoped.

By the time we were out, the sun started to set behind the buildings, rendering Las Vegas twilight. The fountains were nearby so we decided to take another walk instead of heading to the car. I burned down all my extra calories today and my body was wearing down slowly. All I wanted was to enter a pub and have a drink.

We waited for twenty minutes for the show, and the view was really pleasant. The Bellagio Hotel was a wonderful building, indeed an epitome of art, and when the lights turned on as it got darker, it looked like the Sun of the city itself. You could also see the fake Eiffel Tower on the other side, looking just as beautiful. I finally glanced at Abby to see her watching her surroundings in matching awe, speechless, and her eyes like stars shining in the dark. Perhaps, Vegas was only beautiful with her in it, putting the glam of Bellagio Hotel to shame.

Neither Las Vegas nor any building within was able to make my heart beat as she did.

My thoughts sank under the waters of the fountain when the show started, and the waters rose from the ground up to the sky. We watched the show breathless, possibly the most interesting thing I'd had seen today. When Abby took her photo and motioned me to take a selfie with the show in the background, I hugged her close and captured the moment.

Enchanted by the show, we walked to our car in silence. As she nested herself under my arm, her body temperature was keeping me warm. We should have found a place to spend the night before it was too late. "Maybe we should first book a room," I voiced my opinion.

"Yeah. We can drive to the north though, we haven't seen it there yet."

"What's there to see?"

"I want to visit the Neon Museum before it closes. It's a collection of old neon signs of Vegas, and it's absolutely beautiful—I mean, at least it was on the internet. Then, we can go back and rest."

"Nah," I replied. "I want to see the nightlife."

"Really, George? Do you really think they will let us in? As you may have figured out, Vegas is for real adults—not for the species like us sandwiched in between."

Unlocking the car, I looked down at her and handed her the keys. "I'll pay the charge and come back." She kind of seemed annoyed by my ignoring her comment but she didn't add further. I'd done my research online and it was likely to find a place we could enter by our fake IDs. After paying the charge, I returned back and called shotgun.

Once she started the engine, she threw me a look and said, "We're heading to the north. End of." Then, she pressed on the accelerator in such an aggressive way that made me sway back in my seat. I was going to tell her to slow down but decided to let her be for the night.