98. Finale Part 1

Start from the beginning

"You rich son of a—"

As you, Emily and now Jin conversed whilst the Bristenes continued their attempt in convincing the guard, Jungkook glanced around. Namjoon and Jimin were giggling in their own little world. The angel noticed that the earth gem bearer's grip was a little... low... on his ass.

Jungkook turned away. He heard Hoseok's loud laughter and followed the direction of his voice. The air gem bearer was laughing at Yoongi, who had bits of vanilla ice cream smeared across his cheek and nose.

"Yoongi," Jungkook stepped towards Yoongi and heard Jimin giggle again behind him. "Are you alright?"

Yoongi looked up at Jungkook with narrowed eyes. Then he smiled when Holly started to lick his face. "S'okay, Jungkook."

Jungkook stared again. He glanced down at the vanilla ice cream and tilted his head. "Yoongi, may I ask what vanilla tastes like?"

Yoongi hummed and squinted his eyes. After a few seconds of silence, the fire gem bearer shrugged. "Don't know, taste it to find out, I guess?"

Jungkook went into deep thought as Yoongi started to lick his ice cream blankly. When the angel finally registered the suggestion, he leaned forward and took a small bite out of the sweet treat.

As Jungkook took his time tasting the vanilla, he failed to notice Yoongi freeze. The angel leaned back and licked off the ice cream residue coating his lips.

"Hm," Jungkook grinned and showed off his bunny teeth. "It is surprisingly good, yeah?"

Yoongi just nodded. Hoseok zoomed in on the fire gem bearer's face with his goggles and poked his cheek. "He's buffering."

Before Jungkook could ask what that meant, there was a loud exclaim from Shay.

"We have prevailed!," Shay screamed triumphantly and raised her staff upwards. Everyone stared. Taehyung clapped next to her. "The kind man has allowed us to enter with our weapons!"

The security guard put on a wry smile and opened the door with trembling hands. "Please don't kill me."

Shay flashed him a smile before walking through the doorway. Taehyung tailed behind her but paused suddenly. The Helian prince slowly turned around and bowed formally at the security guard.

"I thank you," Taehyung smiled, his arm still crossed against his chest. "My sister may sometimes be a bit impatient. Your patience with her is appreciated."

The security guard had on a frozen smile. He nodded stiffly as Taehyung returned the same gesture and entered the restaurant. Jungkook stared at the Helian prince's back with sparkling eyes. Wow, so cool.

Jungkook took a deep breath and turned towards the obviously terrified security guard, whose fits were tight and ghostly white. The angel opened his mouth to speak but was cut off by a force on his back.

"Sorry about that," Namjoon grinned with his dimples as he pushed a helpless Jungkook with his strength. "They're not crazy, just new to all this."

Jungkook's heels skid across the ground as Namjoon pushed him inside the McDonald's. The angel's eyes started to sparkle once again. He already envisioned the establishment to be a glamorous restaurant with glittering walls, golden tables and stone chairs. He envisioned a group of well dressed butlers and maids in their ironed uniforms.

And the food! Jungkook could see it all clearly in his head. A well cooked steak garnished with parsley and a side of Blikseian blue corn— or Earth corn, whatever that looked like. It was something he had definitely been craving since leaving Hemel.