31. Pyramids

When Taehyung teleported all nine of members of the group, you ended up falling and swallowing some sand, which was both very disgusting and unhygienic

When Taehyung teleported all nine of members of the group, you ended up falling and swallowing some sand, which was both very disgusting and unhygienic. Of course, Yoongi helped you stand but he was also chuckling, laughing at the sand in your nostrils. He earned a slap on the shoulder because of that.

Since Taehyung was starting to bleed from his nose, wobbling out of dizziness, Namjoon decided that we should find the entrance to the pyramids ourselves — which resulted in the nine of you being split into groups of three. Nine, this made Jin ask where Jia was and Hoseok told everyone how he had left her behind to keep her safe. It touched you, how Hoseok loved Jia so much to the point that he would leave just to protect her. It made you think of Yoongi, how you loved him so, and how the smallest gestures from him just assured you — you were alright.

Thus, you marched towards the smallest pyramid together with Yoongi and Emily, while the others jogged towards their respective pyramids. Now you fully understood why they were marked as one of the seven wonders of the ancient world. It was gorgeous, the clay blocks polished to fit into the crevices of the wall, creating a perfect infrastructure. Then you remembered its history, how this structure was made with the blood of numerous slaves, and suddenly it didn't look as beautiful as it was when you first saw it.

"It's a shame how humans think that laboring others to the point of death would please deities," K whispered as you continued to stare at the pyramid. "Sad, really."

"Yeah... it's sad to think about."

Running your fingertips across the brick, you recalled Jungkook's words, how most of the citizens have been gathered in Cairo due to the chaos they made, even all the tourist employees and guards who were supposedly stationed around the pyramids, thus you and the gang were safe to explore and eventually enter them. You turned to the side, seeing Emily looking around with crossed arms, just as you felt a hand slip into yours.

"Calm down babe, it's just me," You sighed when Yoongi came into view, swinging both of your arms around as he pulled you towards him to walk. You raised an eyebrow at him and watched him whistle a tune. "Your friend Emily looks bothered."

"She does," You sighed whilst you and Yoongi walked behind Emily, who was still examining the pyramid with an exasperated expression. You realized that you didn't have much opportunity to talk to her, and you only had a proper conversation at Jin's vacation house once, when she gushed about her training and her experiences as a Vredeian. Other than that, there were only a few words thrown at one another during battles or chases. So, you decided, you were going to help your best friend. "I'll talk to her for a while."

"Sure, go ahead babe. I'll be right behind you," Yoongi pecked your cheek and let go of your hand, your face flushed as you started to walk towards Emily. You could just imagine the cocky expression he had behind you and it made you click your tongue. It was unsure if Emily had noticed your presence or not but it was a fact that she was in deep thought. "Hey, Em."