36. Aarde

When Namjoon was told that they were heading towards his kingdom (Aarde) next, he was sure that his heart had tightened within his chest

When Namjoon was told that they were heading towards his kingdom (Aarde) next, he was sure that his heart had tightened within his chest. He didn't know if it was because of possibly seeing a whole kingdom reflecting himself or the overwhelming responsibility of every single citizen on his shoulders but he was sure of one thing — it was going to be a journey that would change him the way Lucht changed Hoseok. Since they left the air kingdom, he noticed a certain sadness on Hoseok's face that even his bright demeanor could hide. Since Jungkook had taken back his position as Taehyung's first mate, Namjoon was now leaning on the railings of the deck, staring at the clouds in the sky.

Namjoon definitely noticed something different about Taehyung after he exited the captain's quarters. He seemed... more confident, more sure of himself and the tension between him and Yoongi seemed to have decreased during their short time alone. The earth gem bearer wasn't sure why but somehow, he felt that tension wasn't really gone but it was still there, buried underneath the importance of saving Vrede and everyone else (with the exception of himself and maybe Hoseok, who had stunning intuitive skills) were somewhat oblivious to this.

That aside, Namjoon had also witnessed Emily and Jin conversing at the other side of the deck, which ended up with them kissing. He didn't what had went on between them but he was sure that it had something to do with their relationship and that alone made him happy. It made him wonder if he would ever find a partner in the future.

"So," Jimin slid into the scene like a snake, leaning on the railings next to a contemplating Namjoon, who wasn't even surprised at his action. "What's up?"

"You always seem to be around when I'm bothered by something, Jimin," Namjoom chuckled, strands of his purple hair flying due to the wind. Just before Jimin could switch to an apologetic look, he spoke: "No, it's okay, I actually appreciate your company."

Jimin sighed in relief, cupping his face with both of his hands and squishing his cheeks. There was a moment of silence, the two only accompanied by the wind, before the thunder gem bearer spoke. "...Hey, Namjoon, I know that this is something weird to ask because we've only been in Vrede for a few days but... do you miss Earth? Do you miss home?"

Did he miss Earth? For Namjoon, it was a question that branched out into a thousand more. Earth, it was his home planet, where he had been born and raised by a loving family with the exception of his father — a family that he had accidentally killed. He knew that it had been completely unconscious, that he had no clue about his gem's activation, that it was something out of his control but he felt guilty since he knew he could have avoided it somehow. And even when he hadn't gone through all of his thoughts yet, he already knew the answer.

"It's a mix of both missing Earth and not, I guess," Namjoon turned around, leaning his back on the railing and crossing his arms over his chest. Jimin looked at him questionably with pouted lips, which urged the older to respond. "Earth... is my home, where my heart is, where I grew and learned so that attachment won't leave me no matter what. At the same time, people back there treat me as a bad person because of my status and they think that the moment I get out, I'll be doing something illegal. Nobody wants anything to do with a criminal right? So it's the same as not having anyone... But here in Vrede, all my sins were washed away because of this small gem and... it really makes me happy that I can finally be seen as myself and not as the man behind those bars."