6. Fire

Yoongi was himself but at the same time, he wasn't

It was like something had taken over his body, and now there were two sides of him competing in his head, as more flames shot out of his fingertips, burning the monster and making it scream.

One side of Yoongi, the cowardly one, the victim, was screaming in fear. Why aren't you hurting? Why is there a monster? Why do you have powers? Because of the gem? Why, why, why. There were always a lot of questions, yet they remained unanswered.

The other side of Yoongi, the one which had awakened together with his powers, was a whole different story. It was telling him to fight. Don't let t beat you, show it who's boss, you will no longer be the victim. Each word dug into him and fueled the flame of anger in his heart.

Yoongi knew who was right.

For a moment, Yoongi just stared at his flame-coated hands as the monster continued to scream. The fire danced around his fingers but he couldn't feel any pain. This was amusing to him but at the same time, it scared him.

Yoongi could feel it. There was a burning power surging through his body and he had a feeling that it was coming from his gem. It was now glowing bright red and there was a letter carved onto it. He didn't need any translation to find out what it meant. Fire.

There was a shine at the corner of Yoongi's eyes, so he turned around and saw a shattered glass window next to him. There was just enough glass for him to see his reflection. He saw his own eyes, glowing bright orange like the sunset, and stared.

What had he become?

Thanks to Yoongi's newfound instincts, he saw the tentacle before it lashed out at him. He jumped over the tentacle as it hit the ground and landed on top of it.

"Woah, didn't know I could do that," Yoongi mumbled to himself as he sat on the tentacle, surprised by his own actions because he wasn't an athletic person.

Yoongi snapped back to reality when yet another tentacle swung towards him. He slid across the ground as he grabbed the tentacle, as it burned under his hot fingers.

As Yoongi crashed into a pile of garbage cans, he heard a voice from above.

"Yoongi!"

He saw you peeking through the window a floor above him, your now long silver hair loose and flowing in the wind.

"It's about time you came, silver head!," Yoongi snapped as he shot fireballs, aiming for the monster's eyes. However, it was moving too much, and he missed.

You stared at Yoongi as he ran around and shot out flames with expertise. His bright orange eyes caught your attention and you noticed that his gem was now activated, glowing bright.

"The name's Sky...," You trailed off, feeling like a proud mother, and watched Yoongi battle the monster with his flames. "Huh, he didn't even need my help to activate it."