THIRTYTWO| follow your heart.

Nori Samuels

Nori Samuels

FOUR MONTHS LATER

Standing in the middle of our, well my closet I watched as Chris packed up his last bit of clothes. I blinked away the oncoming tears because I promised him, I'd be strong when this day came. Of course he took the job in Los Angeles, he would've been crazy not to. And I attempted to find a position there but they all overlooked me or tried to give me what I wasn't looking for.

After weeks and weeks on convincing from Chris, I decided to just stay in New York. I actually just won my first case last week, and as bad as I wanted to celebrate all of my happiness was overshadowed by this dreadful day.

My eyes glanced around the now, half empty closet. We've been working out a schedule to keep our relationship going. I don't know how long it's going to work but I'll do my hardest to make it happen. I swear sometimes it feels like the universe is against us. As soon as everything starts to go good, we're faced by another obstacle.

Quickly I wiped away the one tear that escaped. When I realized that I was about to break down, I walked away and into the bathroom. Leaning up against the sink I exhaled. All of this sad shit is making me nauseous.

*knock, knock*

"Yeah?" I called out.

"Baby you good?"

"Yeah, I just had to use the bathroom, I'll be out in a second."

"Okay."

Taking a deep breath, I looked up at myself in the mirror and just told myself over and over again to keep it together. Once I felt strong enough again, I walked back into our room. Chris sat on the end of the bed, scrolling through his phone. "You all done?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm finished. You sure you're okay?"

No I'm not is what I wanted to scream but instead I nodded my head.

Chris got up from his seat and walked up to me, placing his hands on my hips. "I know you're not okay Nori, you don't have to lie to me."

"I promised I'd be strong today, that's what I'm trying to do. But in the morning, I can't make any promises."

His arms wrapped around me tightly, and I buried my face into his chest taking in his scent. These warm hugs are always priceless. "You hungry?" He asked.

"Yes."

"Let's go cook dinner." Breaking our hug he grabbed my hand and we went out to the kitchen. "What you got taste for?"