"Can I go lie down for bit?" I asked her instead.

She looked at me with me a small smile and nodded. "Sure, honey."

As I headed up the stairs, I head Mum call out to me once more.

When I got to my room, I just closed the door behind and headed towards my bed, only to halt in my steps when I saw a box on top of the covers.

Taking off my shoes, I climbed onto my bed and looked at the box, my eyes finding the little gift tag attached onto the corner.

I'm sorry you're hurting. I hope this helps even a little bit. Liam.

This was definitely unexpected.

I took the gift tag off and kept it aside, before opening the box and the corners of my lips tugged upwards seeing what was inside.

He got me a red velvet cupcake.

The gesture caused a smile on my face and I put the box on the bedside table, before pulling my knees towards my chest and remembering how I got to this place.

***

I was rushing to meet Holden. Apparently he had something important to tell me and little did he know, I had something to tell him as well.

Over the course of the year, being with Holden had actually being the best thing I had experienced. He made me feel happy and so loved, I felt my feelings growing stronger for him the more time that we spent together.

There was still a small hidden part of me that held feelings for Liam, but they weren't as strong, they weren't prominent, they weren't what I had always felt before. Being with him made it easier to accept that Liam wasn't mine, but Holden was.

He made me happy and I...well, I'd be telling him how I felt today.

I grabbed the little pendant he'd bought me, a little golden 'S' and rushed out, muttering a quick bye to my Mum.

Holden was meeting me in the park not far from my house, since we planned to have lunch outside today, a little picnic for the two of us.

I rode my bike to the park and headed into the grassy field to find the perfect spot for us. Holden had to go somewhere with his Dad and was running late, so I already knew I'd have to wait a little.

After finding what I thought was the perfect spot, I laid down the picnic blanket and took a seat. Holden would be bringing the food, so I didn't have to worry about that.

As I scrolled through my phone, I felt someone engulf me in a bear hug from behind and instantly grinned, knowing exactly who it was.

"Hi, baby," I smiled at his greeting and began laughing when he nuzzled his face into my neck.

"Stop, that tickles," I told him between my laughed.

Holden kissed my cheek. "Which is why I do it," he said and then moved around, to sit in front of me.

I couldn't stop smiling, something that often happened around him, but when he suddenly held this almost wistful look and took my hand, placing a kiss on my palm, I felt confused.