28. Shopping

Why is shopping for dresses so stressful?

Surely with the amount of them that exist, it should be easy to find a dress? But that clearly wasn't working for us girls today.

We had been to three stores, essentially ransacking the store to find something that we liked, but we found nothing. All of us just came out empty handed, just like we were, when we stepped into the store.

Because we still had some time till the Ball, I thought I could order something online, but according to Flo, that was unacceptable. She then began to list out reasons for this, which included; I could end up with something hideous, something that doesn't fit or a dress that looks horrible on me and it'll ruin my night.

To be honest, it seemed like it would affect Flor more if I didn't comply with her, so I didn't put up much of a fight.

I wasn't too bothered by the concept of online shopping. I mean, the hours that I would spend on my feet, looking for the dresses, I'd rather spend them in my pyjamas, browsing through the dresses on my laptop.

It seemed like a better option to be honest.

"All those stores sucked, nothing even remotely looks worthy," Flo complained.

"Worthy?" Sara scoffed. "Okay your highness, what do you deem worthy?"

"Something that isn't neon, frilly or has a butt load of sequins," she replied.

Julie, Mel and I nodded at her words, agreeing with her instantly.

"Yeah, I'm with her," I said.

We then reached the last store - and I say last because I'm not going to another one after this, despite anything that Flo says, instead I'm going to go to lunch.

As soon as we walked into this store, I don't know why, I had a bit more faith. It wasn't too big, more of a boutique if anything, but the layout seemed promising.

The clothing was all up on racks, but neatly aligned to the side of the store, with seating and dressed up mannequins in the middle.

We all kind of separated and gravitated towards the style of dresses that would seemed to fit us best.

Sara and I were looking are the dresses, that weren't really dresses, but rather a long, tulle skirt with a matching top. One that would probably look like a dress when together.

Since I wasn't much of a dress person, I thought that would suit my style better, I just had to find the right combination.

"I think I found my one," I heard Flo squeal.

I turned my head to see what she had chosen, but only caught a blur since she ran towards the changing area.

"I guess that was easy," Mel said.

We had only been in this store for yen minutes maximum, and the most high-maintenance one of us, seemed to have found what she wanted. Hopefully we're all that lucky.

Flo then came out the changing room. "I love this one," she exclaimed.

I don't even think she needs our opinion. She seems to have already made up her mind about the dress.