10. Apology

Liam

I have no idea where the rest of the day went. It was pretty much a whole blur after that Calc lesson.

The entire time, I just could not get my mind off of Julie. I didn't understand it or why she had this effect on me, but she is all I can think about.

Also, it really didn't help that my mates would not stop taking the piss out of me regarding her. It was apparently obvious that I was stunned seeing her and they would not let it go. Absolute pricks. All of them.

After school, I hung out with the guys for a bit, then headed home. Just as I got out my car and headed towards the front door, I heard that angelic voice again.

Turning around, to my surprise, I see Rena and Julie. They seem to be saying bye to each other, and I couldn't help but stare. I watched them,  as Julie left Rena's doorstep and headed to a car.

What the hell is wrong with me today? The entire day all I could think about is her, now that I see her, I just want to keep seeing her? This isn't normal.

Maybe if I spoke to her? But then again, she looked incredibly shy when Holden spoke to her. I'd probably just scare her if I said anything, or most likely embarrass myself.

But I really want to talk to her. Maybe the only to do that without scaring her is...

No. I can't. I shouldn't.

This is probably the most stupid and selfish thing I'm about to do, but I'll try and make up for it as much as I can, but I just have to...

I looked over the face and saw Rena standing there, she looked ready to go back into her house.

And just like that, the words left my mouth.

"Hey Neighbour."

As soon as I spoke up, I saw Rena halt in her movements. She looked a little frozen, maybe she didn't hear me or didn't want to hear me.

Of course, she wouldn't want to hear from me, she's probably forgotten about me and my voice.

"Um, Rena?" I called out her name again a little hesitantly.

I really hope that won't yell at me. I mean our parents are friends and we're usually civil, but I bet she's thinking it's a little suspicious that I'm the one who is calling her.

Finally, I saw her turn her head a little and look my way.

"Um, hi?" She said with a little confusion. Her words sounded more like a question, rather than her greeting me.

'Why the hell would she greet you, idiot?' My mind chided me. I haven't actually been a lot for her recently, other than a neighbour.

At least she spoke though. That's something. More than I thought I was going to get to be honest.

"Are you doing anything right now?" I asked her, hoping that I could possibly talk to her now.

I know that I'm being a dick. I'm only being brave enough now to talk to her now, because of another girl, but I don't see another way, at least not in this moment.

The incentive may not be so great, however there's going to be one amazing thing that will come out of this - well if I succeed. I need to fix my friendship with Rena, that's the most important thing right now.

I just hope she'll accept my apology.

"Not really," I heard Rena say and I smiled, mainly because she said with the funniest expression on her face, her brows furrowed.