22. Six Words

I hate when plans change.

My Saturdays are usually planned a little more productively. I try and get most of my work done on Friday nights and on Saturday mornings, so I can use the rest of it to chill and and relax.

However, it's really my Sunday's that are meant for lazing around.

It's the universal day to just be lazy, or for some, last minute homework.

Despite all of that, instead of laying on my coach like a potato, I am on my way to Liam's house.

My wonderful mother decided that Sunday was the perfect day to test out her baking skills. She knows she can cook, why she needs to test it? I have no clue.

She made little, carrot cake, muffin things and now I have to go over to Liam's house, to drop them off at their house.

This wasn't exactly a new occurrence for me. I often when to drop things off for my Mum, since Emma and were really fond of experimenting in the kitchen and trying out new things.

What kind of mother willing sends her young daughter over to a teenage boys' house? A crazy one, like mine.

I guess it made a little more sense now, since Liam and I were back to being friends again and our parents had quickly caught onto this too. They seemed thrilled about, but I'm not sure why they were so invested.

Carrying the basket, I walked up to their front door and rang the bell.

The door opened quite quickly and Emma stood there with the widest grin on her face.

"Rena!" Emma hugged me instantly.

She acts like she hasn't seen me in ages, when it was in fact yesterday I had seen her. But it was quite sweet the way she'd fawn all over me.

"Peter, look. It's Rena." Emma practically yelled to Peter, Liam's Dad.

He was currently on the sofa, in front of the tv, watching his football as usual.

"Hi, Mr Hunter," I smiled at him when he turned his head.

"Rena, my dear. How are you, love? And more importantly, what's in the basket?" He asked me.

I laughed at his question.

The best thing about Mr Hunter was that he would always start out as if he were interested in you or about you, but what he really cared about was food. However, but you wouldn't be able to tell, he still kept in shape.

"These are some carrot cake muffins my Mum made for you guys," I told him.

Whilst Mr Hunter's eyes gleamed at the sight of the muffins, Emma hugged me from the side.

"Oh, that's so sweet. I swear your Mum is on a mission to make me fatter," Emma said, taking the basket from me.

"I'll still love you the same, sweetheart," Mr Hunter said, giving her a sly wink.

"That's so sweet and complete bullshit," Emma then said, completely shutting Mr Hunter's affections down.

I stifled my laugh.

Mr Hunter didn't bother trying to stop his laughter, he just chuckled loudly. They were quite a sweet couple, with a lot of back and forth between them.

Before could say anything about heading to enjoy the rest of my Sunday, Emma yelled out loud.

"Liam! Get your butt down! Rena's here!" She shouted.

Very quickly, I heard a door open and the sound of abrupt footsteps, before Liam's face came into the peripheral vision.

"Hey, Rena," he greeted me and I turned towards him.