My Dad came home earlier in the day, to take care of me, after which Danny left.

I felt bad that because of me he'd also missed his lessons, but he didn't care about that.

Obviously, I didn't really have any symptoms of being ill, because I wasn't, so I had to fake it.

They didn't really seem to find it all that suspicious, which I assumed meant that whatever I was doing to act ill, was working.

I asked if I could take a day off today as well and they both agreed. Thankfully, they didn't insist on staying home or anything with me, so I could just have this day to myself.

It was probably going to be a pain going back to school and finding out what I've missed, but I'll just deal with that tomorrow.

I told Sara last night that I wasn't feeling so well and wouldn't be in today, which then lead to her spreading the news to the others, judging by their get well soon texts. I have sweet friends.

After a late start to my morning, since I slept in, not having to get up for school, I finished my homework and chilled the rest of the day. Sara had been texting me throughout the day, just things that were going on, so I wasn't 'left out'. I was more worried she would have her phone confiscated.

Currently, I'm in bed, with some comfort food and my laptop. It's honestly the two main things to make me happy right now.

Well, I was happy until I heard a loud noise. I realised it wasn't coming from my laptop, but rather the doorbell.

I looked at the time and thought it was probably Sara or one of the other girls, or maybe Danny, since school was over.

Although, I hope that it's not Danny checking up on me. I've answered all his calls and texts throughout the day, like he said to do.

He told me if I even miss one call, he'll be here, and Danny didn't make empty threats.

It was really sweet of him. I knew he really cared about me and I guess, he just didn't want me to be crying at home.

When the doorbell rang once more, I knew I couldn't ignore it and had to get out of bed.

It was odd that I hadn't gotten a text or call about someone coming over, unless it was more of a spontaneous thing.

"Coming," I called out, heading doing the stairs after putting in my robe.

When I finally opened the door, I was so confused.

"Holden?" I questioned.

It didn't surprise me that he knew where I lived, since it was now a known fact that I was Liam's neighbour, but still, it didn't really make sense to see him at my front door.

"Um, hey," Holden replied awkwardly, as if he didn't expect to see me here, at my front door, of my house.

"Hi," I replied. "This is unexpected," I then added.

"Yeah, sorry for coming over unannounced. I just overheard Flo tell Max, who heard it from Mel, who heard it from Sara, that you were ill. So I thought I should come and check up on you and see how you were," he said nervously.

Even if I'm not ill and perfectly fine, that was hard to even process right now.

"I also brought you some cream of mushroom soup too," he added, holding up a container towards me.

How did he know what soup I liked?

Also, why does he look like I'm going to bite his head off or something?