"Yes, I love Lion King," Julie happily stated, clapping her hands.

I chuckled at her excitement. It's either just thought of doing Lion King, or she's tired and knows we should be closer to being done.

"It's kind of similar to Hamlet, so I think we could work off that," I said.

"Yes, it's perfect," Julie said.

I let out a breath in relief.

"Great, we finally have a something to start with," I said and Julie nodded at my words.

We then got started on the assignment a little, doing some research, coming up with some similarities and differences between the two.

An hour later, we pretty much had good table of similarities differences we could talk about in our work.

The rest of it, we were going to leave for another time. No need to finish it now, and we had a good structure to work from.

Plus, I'm tired from it.

***

"...and then my Mum stormed down to the station. She was so mad that my Dad took her friend to the station like that," I carried on telling Julie how my parents met.

After deciding that we going to leave the rest of the work for another time, Julie and I started talking, getting to know each other more.

Although, I'm not sure how we managed to get to talking about how my parents met each other.

"My Dad's defence was that, it was the only way she would talk to him, unless she wanted him to storm the office. From then on it was happy days...kind of," I finished telling her.

The story of my parents meeting was actually quite a funny one, and I love telling people about it. It's so odd.

"Wow, that's actually so funny," Julie spoke through her laughter.

I nodded. "Yeah, Mum hates it when people ask her the story of how they met, but Dad loves it."

People generally ask the question of how my Mum and Dad met, since they are quite different from each other. It always ends up with Mum scowling and Dad smirking, and then with him sleeping on the couch.

"I can imagine," Julie then said.

Julie and I somehow ended up sitting on the floor, next to the coffee table and onto our second batch of Oreos.

I then turned to her with a smile on me face. "I forgot to ask, how did you like your first day?"

It's just been so easy talking to her, I actually forgot that it was her first day.

Julie smiled back at me. "It was good. I was really nervous but I'm glad I found you. Plus, your friends are really nice too."

"That's so sweet," I told her. "They really liked you too. Plus, I'm sure Flo's probably really happy to no longer be the new girl either."

"It's not easy," Julie then said, looking down towards her lap, fiddling with the hem of her top.

I placed a hand on her shoulder. "Don't worry, I got you," I said and she smiled up at me.

"Do you miss your old friends?" I then asked her.

She hasn't spoken once about them, and I'm kind of curious now.

"Um I didn't exactly have many," Julie began to say, looking slightly uncomfortable. "I was kind of just the quiet, shy girl at my old school, and didn't really make many friends."

Julie's voice went quiet at the end, and it seemed like she was obviously a little sad about how it was before.

"Well now you have me and my friends now, and we're here for you," I assured her.

"Thank you, Rena," Julie said, with a smile on her face again.

I playfully narrowed my eyes at Julie. "We need to help you ease up on those 'sorry' and 'thank you's'."

I don't think I've ever been thanked by one person so many times, in a single day.

"Can I ask you a question?" Julie then spoke up rather hesitantly and I just looked at her, waiting for her to continue. "Why was that girl in Cafeteria so rude to you all?" She asked.

I couldn't help but laugh at how worried she looked just asking me that, as if she was stepping over some kind of forbidden line.

"Amy hates me because she thinks I'm the reason Danny won't go for her. Even though Danny and I have a brother-sister relationship," I explained.

A few people have thought what Amy thinks too, but there really is nothing.

Danny has even referred to me as his little sister once, it was a little awkward after that, but then we kind of just realised we just had that kind of relationship.

"Oh okay," Julie nodded.

She still look a little apprehensive about it all, and I waved off that look of concern.

"Don't worry about her, she's just all talk," I said, knowing what Any could be like. "But if she ever does bother you tell me, I'm serious," I told Julie sternly.

Amy doesn't really do anything except say some nasty words to try and get to you. I never really effects me but Julie's so sweet, I don't want her to actually get hurt by it all.

"I will," Julie then assured me, and I just hoped she'll keep to her word.

"I'm sure you'll be fine anyway," I told Julie, hoping that I wasn't scaring her or anything. "Amy minions and her think they're all that because they're popular, and friends with Liam and those guys," I rambled on.

"Liam?" She questioned, looking a little confused.

Ah Crap.

"I mean the guys that sat behind us in Calc. Liam, Andre, Holden and Chris," I quickly answered.

Julie then nods back in understanding. "Oh right."

Thankfully she doesn't ask anything about Liam, because I'd rather not answer those.

***

After talking some more, Julie got a text from her Mum, to say she was waiting outside.

We headed out my front door, and I saw the car parked outside my front garden, and Julie's Mum waving at us.

I gave her Mum a little wave back and then hugged Julie.

She hugged me back, and told me she'd see me at school, after which she left to get into the car.

I stood by the door, watching as Julie got into the car and then left.

Just as I turned to head back inside, I heard it...

...words that will forever hold a place in my heart...

"Hey Neighbour"