Danny quickly turned back towards me. "I'll ask him," he said, and then smiled. "Sorry, cupcake. You'll have sit on your own this time," he winked at me.

I laughed at his words, as if not sitting next to him was going to be the worst thing.

"I'll survive," I told him, and then waved him off. "Now go, before Miss Daley walks in."

"Atta girl." Danny said, as he walked away.

***

As I was talking to Max and Flo who are sitting behind me, Miss Daley, our English Lit teacher cleared her throat.

I looked up and saw a girl standing next to her. Her red cheeks look like she was blushing.

She looked to be about my height, maybe a little shorter, with green eyes and blonde hair.

I can practically hear the guys thoughts in the class, as they stared at her.

"Class, this is our new student Juliet Morris," Miss Daley informs us.

She then looked to the girl. "Now, honey, don't worry. I won't embarrass you and make you introduce yourself, you can do that on your own time. For now you can take a seat next to Serena over there," Miss Daley said.

Looking in my direction, she smiled. "Serena, raise your hand."

I did as she asked, and raised my hand, giving a little wave as well.

The girl, Juliet, looked at me, and smiled a little. She then walked towards me hesitantly, and took the empty seat next to me.

She looked like a little lamb, about to be slaughtered.

When she sat down, I smiled at her.

"Hey, I'm Serena, but everyone calls me Rena," I told her in a hushed whisper. We weren't actually meant to be talking, but it's always polite to introduce yourself.

The only times people generally called me Serena, was when they were trying to be serious or get my attention. The only except to that was Sara, who liked to call me S occasionally.

Juliet, then looked towards me, and a smile came over her face too.

"Hi I'm Juliet, but everyone calls me Julie," she said in a quiet whisper.

I would imagine Jules would've been her nickname, but Julie works too I guess.

"So, what is-" I was about to talk to her but then once again, Miss Daley cleared her throat and started the lesson.

"So class, we are going to start working on Shakespeare this term," the whole class let out a groan at that.

Miss Daley rolled her eyes. "Oh hush all of you," she playfully replied. "I've actually got a great project for you all to work on," once again, a choir of groans sounded through the classroom.

"If I hear more groans, you'll regret it," and once more, they groaned.

Julie looked towards me, and I could see she was trying to hold in her laugh, as was I.

Miss Daley narrowed her eyes. "Wow okay, just for that, you don't get to choose your own partner's. Whoever you are sat next to right now, is who you will be working with this term on the project."

This class does not learn with the groans.

"I did say you would regret it, so the sly looks you were giving your preferred partner, well you can just try again next term," Miss Daley then said, looking quite triumphant.