Chapter 14 Potter of Slytherin?

Hey guys! Author back!

I hope you are enjoying the book. Gonna keep this brief. 

So, Recap.

We went to the Quidditch match with the rest of the gang and watched Harry win it for Gryffindor again. Then we helped Hermione get things ready with the Polyjuice potion. Also met Moaning Myrtle. 

That about sums it up.

So, without further adieu, let's get to it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your POV...

I stand with Hermione, Harry, and Ron as Professor Lockhart calls our attention to him on the dualing stage. I look at Hermione for a second and then back to Lockhart. I really hope I don't have to dual her.

"In light of the recent dark events, Professor Dumbledor has given me permission to start this little dualing club to teach you how to defend yourselves should such a time arise." Lockhart explains. "As I, myself, have done on many occasions, see my published works."

I roll my eyes a little and keep watching. 

"Now, let me introduce my assistant, Professor Snape."

Professor Snape walks up to the platform and faces Lockhart. 

"He has sportingly agreed to help me with a little demonstration. Now, don't any of you youngesters worry, You'll still have your potions master once I'm through with him. Never Fear."

I have a bold prediction: He's going to lose. The give each other respect and then take a few paces away. Lockhart counts down, but Snape beats him to a spell.

"Expelliarmus!"

Lockhart flies backwards a few feet and lands on his back. I laugh a little.

"Do you think he's alright?" Hermione asks.

"Who cares." Ron chuckles.

I give him a fist bump behind Hermione's back and grin at him. 

"It was good of you to show them that Professor Snape, but it was pretty obvious what you were about to do, and if I had wanted to stop you, it would have only been to easy." Lockhart says.

"Perhaps it would be prudent to first teach the students to block unfriendly spells, professor."

Lockhart is quiet for a second and I think I see Snape smile. Weird. Lockhart then looks back at Snape and says, "Excellent idea, Professor Snape. Let's have a volunteer pair."

He searches the crowd and looks in our direction.

"Potter, Weasley, how about you?"

"Weasley's wand causes devastation with the simplest spells." Snape says. "We'll be sending Potter to the Hospital wing in a matchbox. Might I suggest someone from my own house? Malfoy perhaps."

Snape motions Malfoy to get on the platform. Oh this should be good. I can't wait to see Harry beat Mouth Off. I slightly wish it was me up there. Harry and Malfoy stand at the middle and hold up their wands. They take their paces back and get into a stance.

"On the count of three, cast your spell to disarm your opponent. Only to disarm. We don't want any accidents here." Lockhart says before starting a countdown.

Just before the countdown is over Malfoy casts a spell and, surprise surprise, it's not a disarming spell.

"Everte Statum!"