Chapter 3 Flight Lessons and Little Suggestions

Hey guys! Author here!

We are back once again.

I have to say this is the most progress I've made on a book for a while. And it feels nice.

Granted, as of right now, I haven't released any of the chapters yet, but I can't wait.

So, let's hit the recap and get on with it.

You woke up and saw Lt, one of your story creations, has appeared at Hogwarts and Hermione has seen and meet him. You got through your first classes of the year with minor incidents and you are looking forward to the rest of the year.

So, without further adieu, let's get to it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your POV...

A few days pass with relative ease. I sit in the Great Hall with my three friends, Harry, Ron, and Hermione. I'm also next to this kid named Seamus, who is also a first year in our house. He is saying some kind of spell to his cup and keeps looking into it after, then trying to recast the spell.

"What is Seamus trying to do to that cup of water?" Harry asks.

"Turn it into rum." Ron says. "Actually managed to make tea yesterday. Until.."

Ron doesn't get to finish his sentence before an explosion echos in the hall. I turn to Seamus and see that he has, once again, managed to blow up something. We all laugh and I lightly pat his back as I say.

"You know, someday Seamus, you're going to manage to do a spell that doesn't blow up in your face."

"Shut up, L/n." He says dejectedly.

The sound of shrieking owls fills the hall, causing me to look up.

"Ah. Mails here." Ron says.

I look up and look for my owl. I catch a glimpse of it just before he lands in front of me. I give it a treat as I take the letters hanging from his mouth.

"Thanks, O/N."

I take out the first letter from my father and read through it. It is a simple how are you doing, and how is school going letter. He also tells me about how things on the farm are going. The second letter is from Christi, my father's girlfriend. It is exactly two pages (front and back) of questions. I laugh a little when I open it.

"What's so funny?" Hermione asks.

I show her Christi's letter and just say, "I told you so."

She starts laughing with me. Harry borrows a copy of the paper from Ron and I glance over to see Neville open up a box. He pulls out a small clear orb.

"Hey look," A kid says from closer to Neville, "Neville's got a remember all."

"I've read about those." Hermione says.

'What haven't you read about?' I think.

"When the smoke turns red, it means you've forgotten something." She finishes.

The smoke in the orb starts out as a white before turning a dark red.

"The only problem is, I can't remember what I've forgotten." Neville comments, making people laugh.

"Hey Ron, Y/n. Somebody broke into Gringotts." Harry says.

I lean over the table to look at the paper Harry is reading.

"Listen. Believed to be the work of dark wizards or witches unknown. Gringotts Gobins, while acknowledging the the breach, insist nothing was taken. The vault in question, number seven-one-three, had in fact been emptied that very same day."