CH.14

AN

I could write this chapter because of this song. And I'm putting it here because, well I can and it's really good and so you, my fellow readers hear it too. 

**********************************

Aleena's POV

The bank has been pestering me for quite a while now, saying that if I don't pay them by the next few days they'll take my car and house. I pleaded to my dad not to be reckless but they just kept on ignoring me. They just live their life the way they like not bothering who they're bothering. 

I sit down, thinking of ways to get out of this mess. Even if I work harder I'll never pay off that $72708,25. I'm surviving because I've been cutting meals just to save some money but I just can't take it anymore. 

Sometimes I'd even thought about changing my job from being an office woman to a stripper. Strippers salary is higher than mine. Instead of stressing myself more, I get up and head to the fridge, drink a glass of milk and sleep. I got another problem, that boss of mine.

*****

****

***

Morning came and I did my usual morning routine. Put on my working clothes and immediately get in my car. I don't want to see her looking at me with her smug face saying that I'm gonna be late which only happened once.

I revive the engine and drive away, pushing home problems at the back of my mind. Moments later, I finally arrived at my workplace. The lobby is full of people with mics and cameras?! What the heck is happening?! 

I squish myself, pushing myself forward just so I can get in the building. I can hear them asking questions but I didn't bother to understand what those questions were. I just need to get to work.

Arriving at the elevator I saw Jaquilin pacing around as if she's looking for someone, her face is red. The only thing that's left is for smokes to get out of her nose. She must have seen me staring at her. She hastily went past the crowd of reporters and get in the elevator, panting. 

''Hi, Ms. Jaquilin.'' Unsure if she would reply back. 

''Morning to you too, Ms. Noir.'' I'm surprised but I didn't show it on my expression.

''Have you seen the mous- I mean Ms. Fiore?'' She asks. I shake my head and she goes silent again. 

This silence is making me uncomfortable so I open my mouth again. 

''Why don't you check Ms. Vargantes office, they are close to each other so maybe you'll see her there?'' 

''But she always hide in her- Okay.'' She replied, tilting her head to the side as she closes her eyes to calm herself. I guess secretaries sure has it rough too.

The elevator stopped at the 107th floor, where Yashashree's office is located. Unconsciously I step out of the elevator, tailing behind Ms. Rosé. With every step she takes the angrier she gets. I don't know why she's so pissed off 1st thing in the morning at Ms. Fiore but I can't blame her, the vice president is really hard to find and childish like someone I know. 

She opens the large door, revealing the vice president and the heir of the Vargantes, Yashashree. Ms. Fiore immediately hides behind Yashashree, tugging her clothes, her hands are fidgeting as if she's too afraid. I look at Ms. Rosé, she's clutching on a piece of paper. 

''What do you need, Jaq?'' asks Yash, her face might not show it but I can see it in her eyes that she too is afraid of this angry lady not only Ms. Fiore.

''I need that little mouse behind you. '' She points at the vice president who keeps on shaking her head, refusing to leave with Ms. Rosé. Her eyes are on flames just by staring at the vice president. Without wasting a second she grabs the woman she called a ''mouse''  and pulls her away from Yahs. Ms. Fiore pleads for Yash to help her but she didn't and instead she turns her gaze on me.

I can't believe I get to see this scene. The heir and the vice president are afraid of the secretary. I couldn't help but giggle. But that was cut off when I heard her voice.

''Future Mrs. Vargantes ''  she touches her cheek, caressing it softly before positioning my chin up, making my eyes to look at hers. ''Shouldn't you be looking at me, not at others?''

I can feel my cheeks heat up, hearing her say that makes me feel, I dunno, flustered, fluttered, nervous, etc... 

I put my hand on hers and pushing it away from me slowly.

''Why do you keep on saying that?''

''Because it's the truth, you'll be my wife.''  Inching her lips closer to my ear before snaking her hands around my waist and pulling me in.

''I shouldn't have come here,'' I mumble to myself. Why did I come here in the first place?

Cause you miss her presence replies my other self.

 What she just said completely caught me off guard. ''But you did.'' She pulls away, her eyes looking at me as if I'm the only one she cherishes. Making my heart thump uncontrollably.

Geez! My heart, stay calm. Damn it. 

''That makes me happy.'' she finishes.

Her words make me weak on my knees and I can't help it. Instead of saying anything back, I look at the other side. 

''I should really go,'' I say before pulling myself away from her. She hastily grips my waist, completely locking me in place.

''Have you thought about it?'' 

''About what?''

''Being my wife.''

''No'' I reply as I struggle to pry her hands off of me. But with each move, I make the more she nuzzle herself on me.

''Why?'' I can't say it to her but I'm afraid, afraid that when she's near I start feeling weird, nervous and these fluttering feelings, I can't help but be afraid. I know her history of women and I can't let myself fall, knowing that she might not catch me, breaking me to pieces.

I don't want to have expectations that I know won't be met.

''You only need something from me,'' I replied looking down at the floor.

''Yes,'' she answered, her hands slowly holding mine. 

''See! You only want an heir from me!'' I said, having enough of her shit. 

I was so angry that I tried pushing her away from me. 

''That's not the only thing, I want'' she said before touching my cheek, caressing it softly. As if that's gonna calm me down.

''You're so self-'' But the word was cut when she continues her sentence.

''I want to have your heart too.''

I let my hands fall down letting her completely sealed my lips with hers.

To be continued.