The Great Harvest

Hiccup's POV

Where are they? I have been looking with the other riders for Toothless and Twilight ever since early this morning. They just disappeared yesterday night and we didn't see any sign of them. I'm growing more concerned by the minute, Toothless is never usually gone this long.

"Chief Hiccup! Chief Hiccup!" I hear Gustav shout to me. I turn my head and he is bent down before me catching his breath, he must have been rushing to get to me. What could possibly be so important right now?

"Chief Hiccup it's time! The Great Harvest is going to start soon, we need you there!" He manages to get out while still catching his breath. The Great Harvest! I had completely forgotten about that! It's a day in each year where all the crops are ready to be harvested and the whole village helps gather it all, including the Chief who chooses which areas to harvest and at what time.

"Oh... I had forgotten about that. I will be there shortly." I tell him. I wish I could spend more time looking for Toothless but I can't. Besides Toothless is probably fine.

"Are you sure Twilight is okay?" Kania asks, concerned.

"Positive, if anyone can handle themselves Twilight can. She can take care of herself." I try to reassure Kania. She just sighs and walks away, almost hanging her head in sadness. I can't focus on this right now, for now I need to tend the Great Harvest. I walk next to Gustav to the Great Harvest and prepare myself for everything that is about to happen.

Twilight's POV

Me and Toothless woke up quite peaceful this morning. That is until Toothless started rambling on about something called "The Great Harvest". What even is that? Some other sort of Berk custom, holiday thingy I guess.

"I didn't realize it was today! I thought it was tomorrow!" He rambles as we run-walk through the forest back to the village.

"I'm sure it's fine Tooth, no one can blame you for being a little late..." I sigh, trying to keep up with him. Since he can't fly on his own he has better running speed and stamina, while I have better flying speed and stamina.

"I know but I have never been late before, also Hiccup and Kania must be so worried!" At this statement I speed up, he's right. Kania must be worried sick! We have never been away from each other this long, even without her near me I feel like something is missing. We eventually get back to the village and not a soul is in sight, not counting the sheep and yak of course. We hurry over to a few farming fields beyond the village and find everyone from the village there! Toothless spots Hiccup and rushes over to him and I eventually spot Kania watching the other villagers work. I run over to her and nuzzle her.

"There you are Twilight! I was so worried, I thought you got lost or injured somewhere!" She hugs me. I lick her face and instead of saying "Ew" she just smiled and whipped it away. I guess she really was worried. For the rest of the day we watched everyone work at harvesting plants, Kania even joined in on the potato picking. And let me tell you it was slap knee funny watching her pull potatoes out! She kept falling on her behind and it took her 5 minutes to pull out even 1 potato. I know I shouldn't laugh but it was hilarious watching her attempting to pull out potatoes! She gave up after 25 minutes of potato pulling and declared she would never pull another potato ever again. Toothless was telling the other dragons what to do and how to help with the harvest, he also was helping Hiccup who was still nervous about this whole thing. I helped a bit too but I to gave up, mainly just because it felt weird having to twist my head in a certain way to pull the vegetables out. At the end of the day I went home with Kania and slept next to her that night, it was comforting knowing she was there. Besides I think she enjoyed the warmth, it was a cold night and we have a semi-open roof for me. I overheard Hiccup talking to the other riders on the way home and he said something about testing my speed or something. I hope I don't get sore from whatever workout they have planned for me, if I do then I am making sure they give my wings proper treatment afterwards. I soon drift into a deep slumber, but in that deep slumber are dreams of what my life would have been like if my family never died. Even though I wish my family didn't die I like my life now the way it is and I wouldn't trade whatever happened for anything...