New Home

Hiccup's POV

Finally. We're done. We have been working on this since the beginning of this week and it's been a bit hard because Kania was out and about. I also suspected Twilight was getting suspicious so myself and the others had to act fast, but we managed to finish it. We sent a Terror mail to Kania a little while ago telling her to meet us here, but it's been a while and I'm beginning to think she won't show up or the mail never got to her. Then again, she has made a habit of being late. Just as I am about to give up Kania runs around the corner of a house, looking like she is trying really hard to get here fast.

"I'm sorry I'm late! Twilight was taking a long time eating!" She shouts as she rushes over to us, Twilight groggily following behind.

"It's okay but really, try to be on time." I tell her.

"So what did you need to meet me here for?" She asks, out of breath when she finally gets to us.

"This." I put out dramatically while motioning to the house.

"A house?" She asks, confused.

"Not just any house, your house." Astrid chimes in with a gentle smile.

"Wait so, this house is for me? The entire thing? Why?" She questions, looking thankful but very confused. Has she never been given a gift?

"Yes, the entire thing. And because you don't have a house, we know you have been sleeping in the woods. So we did this so you don't have to." I tell her. After I finish my sentence her face shines as she beams. Tears threaten to fall from her eyes but they don't they just sit in the corner of her eyes.

"T-thank you all so much!" She exclaims, whipping away tears in her eyes.

Twilight's POV

A house! So this is what they have been doing all week? Definitely a great surprise, for both me and Kania!

"Go in and check it out!" Fishlegs jumps in place, excited. Kania nods and we go in, taking in the new house smell. The others stay outside as we explore the house, and boy it's a nice house! The kitchen has everything we need, a fireplace, a table, a storage compartment, and even a collection of knives specialized to cut up food. There were other places like the study area but I liked the bedroom the best. There was a nice sized rock slab for myself and a soft yak fur bed for Kania. Just what we need, and to top it all off there is a map on the wall of all the explored islands we know of. When we walk outside of the house Kania hugs everyone, they looked surprised at first but accept the hug. Even Snotlout.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! This is the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me!" She exclaims as she holds in her excitement. I turn to Toothless who has been standing and watching us for the past while.

"Thank you, this was really nice of you, all of you." I begin, trying to find words for my appreciation. Toothless just glees.

"Anything for you." He says quietly, I barely hear him. I get a familiar warm feeling in my chest that I usually get when he says those kinds of sweet things. I don't hate the feeling though, rather I welcome it. It feels nice. Sometimes I wonder if I make him feel like that but I never bother to asks, after all it might sound weird. For the rest of the day we decorate the house to our liking and celebrate in the Great Hall. And by celebrate I mean me and Kania. We had our own little celebration before going to our new home. We get ready to sleep and lay on our separate beds. It feels kind of weird being away from her but I will get used to it.

"What a day huh?" Kania says softly before drifting to sleep. I to drift to dreamland not long after her but I look up to the stars before I do. Sending a silent 'thank you' to the gods. Life has really been turning around for Kania, even though I don't think the gods made any of that good stuff happen I do believe they had a part to play. I like to think they destined me and Kania to meet. Whatever happened to make me and her meet I am thankful for, even if it wasn't a very good reason.

Goodnight Mom, Dad, Shadow. I hope you are resting well...