Exploring

-AUTHORS NOTE-

None of the art or pictures here are mine unless specified.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Toothless's POV

This is it, this is the place I heard that noise. At first, me and the others were just flying through the air peacefully the next there is weird noise. I was so drawn to it I just had to follow it. And now it has led me to this warm, hidden island. The noise is louder now so I know this is where it's coming from.

"So this is where the noise you hear is coming from?" Asks Stormfly while staring at the island in awe.

"Yeah, the noise is coming right from this island." I say while I too stare at the island in awe.

"I hope there are some cliffs I can throw Snotlout off!" Roars Hookfang excitedly.

"I hope there are some tasty rocks I can eat off that cliff!" Swoons Meatlug while licking her lips.

I sigh. I wish they would take this a little more seriously, this has never happened to me before.

"Alright bud, let's go." Hiccup whispers softly to me but I could tell he was just as excited and nervous as I am.

Me and the others start cautiously flying toward the island and take in the stunning sight. I look below me and there are tons of fish! Now that I think about it, I'm actually pretty hungry from flying for so long. I dive gently to the surface of the water, open my mouth, and quickly duck my head into the water and come up again with a fish in my mouth. I chug it down and then fly back up to the others.

"Hey that looks like fun, I'm gonna try it!" Belch says enthusiastically. He tries to fly down but is stopped in his tracks by Barf.

"Have you forgotten we're stuck together? I don't want to go down there so we're not." He says in a bossy tone.

"Oh yeah?!" Belch snaps back fiercely.

"Yeah!" Responds Barf just fiercely.

"Will you two shut up! I can't hear my own thoughts!" Groans Hookfang, clearly aggravated.

"Hmpf!" Barf and Belch say in sync.

We finally reach the island and land on its warm beach full of shells and rocks. Meatlug goes over to the rocks and starts gorging herself on them, Barf and Belch start arguing over something and Hookfang and Stormfly as discussing what seems to be an important conversation.

"Let's start heading into the forest." I tell them flatly. I just want to find out what that noise is.

We all start walking in the forest and Hiccup and his friends follow right after. The forest is a lush green and very dense, you also can spot a stream here and there. It feels really nice walking through it, almost natural. We come across very few other dragons and when we do see them they just fly away without looking back. Just a few terrible terrors and a group of Night Terrors who were less than happy to see us. We soon just happen to stumble across a clearing with beautiful Blue and Red flowers.

"It's getting dark, let's set up camp here." Hiccup proclaims.

"What about Berk? Won't they be worried we aren't back yet?" Astrid asks plainly, though we can all tell she would rather not go back just yet.

"Yes, but this is more important right now. If Toothless was for some reason drawn to this place then we have to stay until we find out what it is." Hiccup responds whilst looking at me.

"If we all get eaten tonight, I'm holding you personally responsible!" Snotlout says with a hint of fear in his voice while pointing at Hiccup.

"Of course it is..." Hiccup mumbles under his breath.

It's soon so dark you can see the stars and moon. Everyone else is already asleep but I don't feel the slightest bit tired.

"Goodnight bud, we'll find whatever it is we're looking for in the morning..." Hiccup yawns before passing out.

I look to the bright stars, the cool night time breeze blowing across my scales. I almost feel at home here. It's warm, there is lots of fish and lots of space to fly and stare up at the sky. I lay my head on my paws, take one last glance at the stars before I too fall asleep. But when I dream, I dream of big striking blue eyes peering right into mine.