Round Two, I'm Ready For You

Hiccup's POV

I am currently supervising above the arena with the other riders. Today is round two of the 'competition' to see who Twilight's rider will be. At the beginning of round two we had twelve contestants, now we have six left. Including this last person, Kania. She's part of the family on the far side of the island that hates dragons, but she never seemed to say anything hateful about dragons. We decide not to talk to her about it since we don't know how she will react. The challenge the contestants are doing today is trying to find Twilight in a maze and pretend to release her from imaginary chains. Kania enters the arena, she looks nervous but has determination written all over her face. All contestants are given a shield, because not only are they trying to find Twilight but they also have to dodge fake arrows. If they get hit with the arrow they are out. Kania starts walking slowly, a different tactic compared to the others who just walked normally or ran. She looks very focused and pays attention to the maze walls, looking for anything that could launch arrows. She reaches the first slip off, she could go right or left. She goes left with a smile, an arrow shoots out and she almost doesn't dodge it.

"That was lucky..." Astrid whispers to me, I nod.

Kania keeps walking and comes across another split off, she goes left again. No arrows shoot her this time. She comes to the last split off sooner than expected, she inspects each of them carefully. We designed this part of the maze to be the deciding split off. One of them leads to Twilight and the others lead to a dead end that has 'You got caught' on it. Kania reluctantly chooses to go right. Good move. She comes up to Twilight and her eyes seem to light up but she doesn't show any other emotions. Twilight's eyes seem to twinkle. Kania looks up to me and I nod, she smiles a little.

10 minutes later...

After all the props were put away the remaining contestants get in a line and wait for me to speak.

"Congratulations to all who passed, you showed good reflexes and correct judgement. Also a hint of luck. The next challenge will decide if you pass to the final round, so be ready." I tell them, they nod. They all leave but Kania is the last to leave, she walks out of the arena staring at Twilight. Twilight stares back. It was weird watching them stare at each other like that. When Twilight was gone the other day did they encounter each other? Did Kania do something to Twilight? Does Twilight not trust her? I will have to find out, because if something bad did happen I need to stop it from happening again. I look back down at Twilight and she is conversing to the other dragons. She seems fine but I will keep a closer eye on her.