14

Ariana

I wake up in the middle of the night to the doorbell ringing. I get up heading towards the door and I am not happy about being woken up in the middle of the night.

I open the door seeing a police officer. I don't recall doing anything illegal since I left the gang four weeks ago.

"Ariana Dixon?" He asked.

"Yes?" I ask warily. Hopefully, my ass ain't in trouble I just got Lindsey back.

"I'm here to inform you that your parents have died in a car crash and your sister is in the hospital with minor injuries. You are the only family member left and you now have custody over her" the officer says. I nod my head closing the door when he leaves.

Holy shit I can't take care of a sixteen-year-old that I have only met once. I groan making my way upstairs. I head to my closet throwing on some clothes.

"Where are you going?" A tired voice comes from my bed. I see Lindsey looking at me with parted eyes.

"My sister is in the hospital and my parents are dead so I'm gonna go see how she is doing" I kiss Lindsey's head telling her to go back to bed.

I get in my car heading to the hospital the police officer said she'll be at. I ask for the room she was in before making my way the room.

I open peaking through the door. The doctor was stitching her up but she wasn't awake. The doctor turns to me, she tells me about her condition. She was given something so she would be calm and she passed out from the tragic event. She also said that when she wakes up I could take her home.

The doctor leaves and I slowly look at her. The funny thing is I don't even know her name. Her hair grew a lot longer from the last time I saw her which was a year ago.

She had stitches along her arm and she had glue on the side of her head leading into her hairline. Like the police officer said she had minor injuries.

I sit in the chair near the bed. I waited for nearly an hour and she still was asleep. I don't remember falling asleep until I'm being woken up.

I look over, seeing my sister waiting for me to get up. I look at my phone seeing that it was one in the afternoon.

"You ready to go?" I ask.

"I don't even know you" she states staying on the bed.

"I don't know you either now if you want to be put back in the system then please stay here I wouldn't mind but I'm now your guardian so if you're ready to go I have people waiting for me and I wouldn't want to make them wait any longer, so make up your mind so we can leave" I say filling out the release papers.

My sister grumbles getting up from the bed. "What's your name," I ask looking at her.

"Tamara and yours?" She asked I look up from the paperwork.

"Ariana" I get up from the chair and we walk out of the room. I hand over the paperwork to the people at the desk.

Tamara has me stop by her house so she can grab some of her things. Once we grabbed her stuff we headed to my house.

I park in my spot and we just sit there. Tamara was in her own depressed thoughts.

"You coming or you just gonna sit here all day which yet again I wouldn't mind," I say getting out from the car leaving her. She gets out of the car as I make it inside.

"No wonder our parents didn't like you, you're a total bitch," Tamara says walking through the door shutting it behind her.

"I can get a lot bitchy than this if you want," I say sitting down on the couch next to Lindsey who was watching TV.