to jisoo and lisa (end)

5 years later

The sound of the fork knocking against crystal, a little too enthusiastically, was enough to bring the loud hum of conversation that buzzed round the large room to a concentrated silence.

"Good evening everyone!" Chaeyoung's words carry around the room, banishing the last of the whispers. "It's a pleasure to have you all here tonight to celebrate, and I'm sure you'll agree with me when I say this, but this is definitely one of the happiest occasions ever!"

She paused to allow a murmur of agreement to sweep round the room.

"I was made to promise that I wouldn't speak for too long, because apparently, I have a tendency to babble..." Chaeyoung paused again to shoot a mock glare down the table to her left. "...but before I hand you over to the speech of the night, I just wanted to say a few words."

Adjusting the microphone in her hand Chaeyoung angled her body so that she was looking down the table.

"Jisoo unnie." Her voice wavered a little on her sister's name. "I don't think I have words to describe how happy I am for you right now."

From her position in the middle of the table, Jisoo bowed her head, tears sprung up in her eyes unbidden.

"The first day I came to live with you, my whole world had just fallen apart, I had lost my entire family and was coming to live with a group of strangers." Chaeyoung took a few steps down the table, coming to a stop next to her sister. "I was so scared and convinced that I would never be happy again. Do you remember what you said to me? Later that night when Mom and Dad were in bed and you found me crying?"

Jisoo bit her lip and nodded.

"You said that I wasn't alone, that you knew you couldn't replace the family I had lost, but that you would try and be the best sister you could be. You promised that I would be happy again one day, if it was the last thing you did." Chaeyoung took a deep breath. "You kept that promise every single day Jisoo, and you have been the best sister anyone could ever ask for. All I've ever wanted is for you to be as happy as being part of your family made me."

Jisoo wiped a tear from her face, one hand reaching out to grasp Chaeyoung's tightly.

"I know that being my sister was only ever going to make you happy, how would it not!" the crowd chuckled, and Jisoo rolled her eyes affectionately. "But I always knew that there were some things that I wouldn't be able to do, because I'm not a superhero." The crowd laughed again, harder when Chaeyoung gave an experimental flex of her biceps. "And you are not the easiest person to live with," in a hushed stage whisper to the crowd Chaeyoung said, "she's mean and grouchy in the mornings."

Jisoo pretended to be offended but couldn't help the smile that was a little watery.

"But all joking aside, I am beyond ecstatic that you finally found that person who makes you truly, deeply happy."

Both Jisoo and Chaeyoung looked to their left, to Lisa.

"To you Lisa, I also have a few words. First, welcome to the family, I'm delighted to welcome a new sister. Second, I want to thank you, for loving my sister the way you do. For showing her just how special she is."

Lisa's face was wet with tears.

"I think we all can agree that there are few people as perfectly suited for each other as these two. Lisa, your bet with Jisoo in college was a stroke of genius, perfectly crafted reasons to get Jisoo out of her shell..." she paused again. "...the ten reasons she should marry you was a little smug and dramatic."

The audience erupted into laughter with some applause and loud cheering (lead by Seulgi), Lisa rose half out of her seat and gave a mock bow.

Chaeyoung waited for the noise to subside before speaking again. "Before I hand you over to Lisa for her own speech which I'm sure is going to be a wonderful emotional roller-coaster, and because Jisoo hates speaking in public, she's only ever done it once and that was to get Lisa to date her" she laughed as Jisoo shoved her, "I would invite you to raise your glasses in a toast with me...to Jisoo and Lisa."

"To Jisoo and Lisa." The guests all chorused together as Lisa took Jisoo's face in her hands and kissed her soundly.

Chaeyoung was right about Lisa's speech, there wasn't a dry eye in the house by the time she was done.

ok everyone, that's it :)))

i hope you liked it and i love you guys as always <3