reason ten: i really like you

It was Friday.

The day before the beach party.

The day that Lisa should have given her tenth and final reason.

She had expected to feel confident by this stage, the final reason just the icing on the amazing cake of reasons she'd come up with to dazzle Kim Jisoo.

Instead Lisa was lying in her bed, staring unseeing at the ceiling, wondering just how things had gone so badly wrong.

Less than twenty-four hours before everything had been there for the taking, and whilst she had come away from the sisters' flat with a black eye and sore head, Lisa had walked away with a smile on her face, a smile that had stayed all the way home and into her living room, where she had fallen onto a heavily protesting Yeri who'd been lounging on the sofa watching TV.

Yeri had listened with rapt attention to Lisa's story of all that had happened since she had left the flat the previous night, gasping in all the right places and clapping heartily when she finished.

"You are definitely getting that date!" she'd crowed, pulling Lisa into a bear hug that squeezed all the air from her body.

Lisa had been of the same mind all the way through the day as she had run her errands, just counting the minutes until she would meet up with Jisoo again.

In her head, Lisa had figured pool would be a great penultimate reason, a light-hearted way for the two of them to unwind and bond. Lisa knew that she wasn't the best of pool players, but she figured she would be able to win at least one game.

Clearly, like the flowers, Lisa should have asked about Jisoo's pool playing abilities in her weekly meet ups with Chaeyoung.

Not that Lisa minded all that much at being beaten. Kim Jisoo's victory smirk was a deadly combination of the cutest and sexiest thing that Lisa had ever seen. And on top of that, Lisa had endless fun when she realised she could explore all the different ways she could distract Jisoo from the game. There was something very satisfying about watching the other woman's eyes widen whenever she leant over the table, seeing the evidence that Jisoo was attracted to her, wanted her, reflected back at her.

Everything had been going perfectly, to the point where Lisa could almost believe it was a date.

She hadn't meant to get that close to Jisoo, but the opportunity had been too good to pass up. Their bodies pressed together had thrown her right back to the club, the way they had moved together. Just being that close to Jisoo always left her head spinning, not sure if she was coming and going.

The kiss had been a surprise, a glorious unplanned surprise, so much so that Lisa had almost had to pinch herself to prove it was real, that she was really kissing Kim Jisoo. But that would have meant moving, pulling away and there was no way in hell that Lisa was going to move a muscle. She could have stayed where she was forever.

Of course, the perfect moment was shattered by Bobby and Hanbin's arrival. That was when everything had gone to shit. Spectacularly.

Lisa knew that she probably should have held her tongue, that she shouldn't have risen to Hanbin or Bobby's bait. But she had been on the receiving end of too many lewd stares, of requests by men for her and her partner to join them in bed to fill out some perverted fantasy. Had been objectified and oppressed too many times in the same breath.

She had seen red, and before she fully knew what was happening she was between Jisoo and the two men, the desire to protect them both from their words, to put them in their place overwhelming everything else. The words had left her mouth before, and for a moment she thought she had gone too far, that Hanbin or Bobby might react violently against her, or worse, Jisoo. Luckily the full attention of the bar was on them and it was probably this that kept Lisa from getting a punch to the face, that had sent the two of them skulking out the bar.