are you ready?

Saturday morning dawned bright and clear, the sun shining in a cloudless sky.

Preparations for the annual spring beach party began early in the morning for many students of University, the excitement for it building when it became apparent that the day was going to be the hottest one so far for the year.

The story of what had happened in the bar with Hanbin and Bobby and the subsequent breakdown of Lisa's bet with Jisoo was common knowledge, and talk was rife on the subject.

In an unprecedented move, Seulgi had shut down her betting ring, returning all the money that people had put in without a single reason as to why. The one football player who had made the mistake of questioning her further had been sent away with his voice a little bit higher for the foreseeable future.

Lisa had toyed with the idea of not going, of keeping to the sanctuary of her flat so she could lick her wounds in private. She had done her brave deed the day before, had told Jisoo exactly how she felt, no tricks, no grand gestures, just words. Even if the outcome hadn't been what she wanted, she was still proud of herself.

In her head she had been half hoping that Jisoo would chase her down, tug her round, tell her that she was all she wanted and kiss her. That Lisa's confession had made her see what she truly felt.

But she had made it back to the flat with no interruptions.

Yeri had been waiting with two beers, and even though it was barely mid-afternoon, Lisa had accepted it gratefully, telling her everything that had happened. She had given Lisa a hug once she had finished the story but offered no questions, not asked her to explain more than she had already said and for that Lisa was grateful.

They had spent the rest of the evening drinking beer and watching corny action movies with lots of explosions and enough bad dialogue to keep Lisa laughing and her mind away from Jisoo.

Mostly.

It was hard to stop thinking about someone who had dominated her thoughts almost constantly for over two years.

She slept better than she had the night before, but it was still a far cry from a good night's sleep.

She had been woken by the first rays of the sun shinning in through her window, her curtains left open the night before.

Yeri was already ready for the beach party by the time Lisa emerged from her room, tank top and shorts on, sunglasses perched atop her head.

"Why aren't you ready?" she demanded. "It's all kicking off in like half an hour."

"I'm not sure I'm going." Lisa replied, avoiding Yeri's gaze as she pulled the cereal down from the cupboard.

"What?" Yeri scrambled round the table. "You can't not go. It's the biggest, best party of the year."

"The biggest party where everyone will be watching and laughing at me because I failed the stupid bet." Lisa shoved a spoonful of cereal into her mouth, chewing moodily she continued to avoid the look she knew Yeri was shooting her. "I think I can do without more public humiliation."

"Since when do you care what other people think and do." Yeri's retort finally made her look up. "You never let other people's actions stop you living your life the way you want to."

"What if she's there?"

"So, what if she is." Yeri shrugged. "You can't control what she does, but you can control what you do. Who does sitting at home, wallowing and worrying about it hurt more? You or her?"

"Me." Lisa admitted begrudgingly.

"Exactly. You deserve to have a good time today. Regardless of everything that has happened. So, get off your butt, get dressed and come to the beach party with me. Show her what Lalisa Manoban is capable of!"