reason four: good with animals

"So, I hear you had a visitor last night?" Jennie's question came as soon as Jisoo opened the front door to the apartment.

"Chaeyoung really has a big mouth." Jisoo grumbled, accepting the coffee cup that Jennie handed to her before standing back to the let her through.

"But a very talented one." Jennie winked as Jisoo made a noise of disgust in her throat.

"Gross Jendeuk."

"What? We always used to talk about things like that." Jennie's smirk was only broadening by the second.

"Not when things like that are happening with my sister!" Jisoo protested.

"Your sister's talents deserve to be broadcasted."

"You know, I think I preferred it when people thought you were scary and you stayed quiet." Jisoo grunted as she took a swig of her coffee.

Jennie had spent the first week of her semester enduring the snide comments and sometimes outward hostility of her fellow students. She had taken it as a Kim would, head held high and eyes stony, the facade often enough to keep people from getting too close.

Not everyone though.

Bobby and Hanbin did not take too kindly to Jennie being among them, and despite their own outdated and frankly barbaric world views had decided to take matters into their own hands.

That was how Jisoo had met Jennie, walking onto the youngest Kim cornered behind one of the science labs, at the mercy of Bobby and Hanbin, but still holding her head high, defiant and unafraid, despite all the vile things that were being thrown her way.

Bobby and Hanbin had never seen Jisoo coming.

It would be the first time she sent them away with bloody noses, it certainly would not be the last.

From that moment onwards a bond had formed between the Jennie and Jisoo. They shared a few classes together and realized they also shared more than a few interests.

People left Jennie alone after that.

It was Jisoo who had introduced Jennie to Chaeyoung, and, after suffering through months of their mutual pining had finally forced them to admit their feelings for each other.

Jisoo was very good at giving out dating advice, forcing people to admit their feelings, but pretty terrible at recognizing her own.

"So, what did Lisa want?" Jennie asked as she settled at the kitchen counter with her cup of coffee.

"I'm sure Chaeyoung told you everything."

"Well I want to hear it from you, Chaeng has a way of..." Jennie stopped to think of a good way of phrasing whatever she was about to say about her girlfriend. "...dramatizing things somewhat. The way she told it, you could be forgiven for thinking she had walked in on a proposal last night."

"Oh my God!" Jisoo sighed, shaking her head. "It was nothing so dramatic, Lisa came over after the game to check if I was ok. She brought some cookies..."

"Home-made or shop bought?" Jennie interrupted.

"Home-made, why?"

"I see." Jennie mused thoughtfully.

"What?"

"Nothing, please continue."

"She wasn't here for long, she just wanted to make sure I was ok."

Jisoo couldn't see it, but there was a tender smile on her face that she hadn't even realized was there, a softening of her eyes that Jennie saw only very rarely, it was the look Jisoo got when Chaeyoung was ranting about food, or when Chaeyoung was pouting at losing a board game, or really when Chaeyoung did anything.