reason seven: flowers

It was not uncommon for Kim Jisoo to be spoken about on campus. The captain of the state champions soccer team, one of the smartest students, and one of the most desirable women on campus meant that people liked to talk.

It wasn't all that uncommon for Lisa to be spoken about either, she was the star of the softball team (even if less people knew about it) and she was charming and nice enough that she had her own dedicated group of fans on campus.

What was new was them both being the topic of the same conversation.

Lisa's bet had raised a great deal of interest in the student population, and even amongst the staff. There was a rumour that Mr. Yang had been spotted discussing the bet with Professor Kim in one of the corridors, with the Dean saying that he thought Maggie was doing very well.

Professor Kim had apparently snorted at that.

It seemed that the head of the university had much more faith in Lisa than the head of the journalism department.

Lisa tried not to let that detail get to her considering she had been Professor Kim's favourite pupil when she took her module.

As public as the beginning of the bet had been, not many people actually knew what Lisa had done, seeing as the last reason that had been broadcast to the student population had been reason number three at the soccer game and the only one seen by many before that was the first one on the quad.

Thankfully not many people knew about water bucket prank or the dog biting incidents, although Lisa had a sneaky suspicion that Seulgi had shown a photo around to a few people in the sports teams if the giggles she'd endured at practice were any indication.

Lisa had always been popular, her easy-going personality and bright smile meant that there was never a lack of people who wanted to speak to her, but this was the first time in her life that she'd had strangers coming up to speak to her.

People wanted to know what she planned to do next, presumably so they could get ahead in Seulgi's betting ring and make a little extra money. And if Lisa hadn't told Seulgi any of her plans despite the law students persistent badgering one afternoon from the side of the softball practice then she certainly wasn't going to reveal them to a pimply freshman who thought he could charm her with some leachy comments and a buck toothed crooked smile.

Some people congratulated her for getting as far as she had, and there had of course been a few bigoted ignorant comments from the less tolerant members of the student population.

The beach party was on the coming Saturday, Lisa had four reasons and four days left.

The pressure was starting to set in.

Jisoo was enjoying a rare day off when the tranquil silence of her room was shattered by a loud banging on her bedroom door.

Starting upright Jisoo blinked groggily as the door flung open and Chaeyoung bounced into the room.

"Chaeng what the hell are you doing?" she grumbled as her sister burrowed under the blankets and cuddled against her side.

"I've come to see you." Chaeyoung replied with a grin.

"But I was sleeping." Jisoo complained, falling with a sigh back against the pillows Chaeyoung's head cushioned on her chest.

"But I was awake and bored." Chaeyoung countered. Jisoo glanced down to find Chaeyoung watching her, eyes wide and lip pouted.

"Why didn't you go and bother Jennie?"

"She throws pillows at me if I disturb her sleep." Chaeyoung's pout deepened.