Chapter 10

(Y/N) P.O.V

We have been walking through the shady Penelope Forest for about 30 minutes, and we were all walking in a single file line... Boris was up at the front, a map in hand while giving us guides to where we were heading. Felix was strolling behind him, chatting about how magical the map was and blah blah blah...

I was getting really bored. Bendy was behind Felix, hands in pockets and simply walking with no real interest in anything, I was right behind him staring at the ground and watching my step since the forest was full of overgrown roots and sharp rocks, Cuphead and Mugman where right behind me doing who knows what...

 The sun was up high in the middle of the sky almost trying to get past the shading of the tall trees above us. There was a lot of emerald moss covering most of the rocks and roots that speckled the moist trail.

 I let out a long yawn and took out my journal, it had a soft cover made out of brushed brown lamb yarn and covered in polished quartz. I reached into my satchel and pulled out a tiny bottle of ink, I then popped the bottle open and slipped my tail inside. Giving my tail a tap on the lip of the bottle, I closed it up again and tucked it safely back into my bag. 

I started to write... (If you have forgotten, the tip of your tail isn't a normal point but a nib/the writing point of a fountain pen) I was writing new notes for a song that I wanted to play on my violin. Ever since I was little, whenever there was something interesting going on, I would write it down and turn it into a melody.  I think I was writing for about another 20 minutes till Bendy halted. I looked around, it was already night time? 

"I think we should camp out here", he said. "Okay, I can agree with you, it's pretty dark already", Boris shouted up ahead. We found a suitable camping ground, it was next to a shimmering small lake with a crook near it. I then saw Cuphead head off to find firewood, 

"Wait up!", I shouted after him as he turned around to see me running towards him. "What is it?", he asked me with a cold stare. I smiled and walked up to him, "Let me help you look for the firewood", I said, he looked at me for a while until he finally murmured an okay. I grinned and started to walk next to him.

The wooden swallows bellowed evening tunes as I looked up at the tree, the man beside me glanced at me once in a while and picked up a few bits of dry wood from the moist soil below us, I chuckled and asked him to hold my hood for a second.

 He raised an eyebrow but took it anyway. I smiled and faced the tree I was eyeing for a while and slid out my longest dagger. I stretched out my oversized wings and shot up into the tall branches up above. I chopped a few dark branches here and there and let them fall to the ground below, when I cut off the right amount of wood, I slipped my dagger back into its sheath and glided back down to Cuphead. He was... blushing????... I took my belongings back from him. 

"Impressed or something?", I asked with a smirk, he flinched and turned around, "Shut up...", he murmured. I laughed and picked up the branches that I cut down and followed him back to the campsite. We found everyone preparing the tents, I took the remaining and headed toward a nice place to start the campfire.

 I piled the logs into pile while my brother placed stones around it, I clicked some stones together a couple times and...

 "WOOSH" the campfire was lit and smoking. I heard deep dragging behind me as I quickly turned around to find Bendy dragging two HUGE logs towards the fire for people to sit on. "Bendy let me help you!", I hurriedly said as I tried grabbing one of the logs from him, he looked  at me and grinned, "Nah, I am fine.", I giggled slightly and sat down on one of them as he placed them down. Felix sat down next to me and pulled my head down onto his lap and patted my hair, I smiled up at him and closed my eyes, I do need rest.....

After maybe a few minutes I felt someone tap me onto my forehead and hand me a wooden bowl, I opened my eyes and smiled as I thanked Mugman and Boris. My mouth instantly watered, so I allowed my moth to dig into my dinner. I was the last one to finish but I still got a homemade marshmallow to roast, everyone was listening to Felix's adventures and stories until he grabbed my shoulder and said, 

"By the way, (Y/N) was also in all of my adventures!", I glared at him and looked at everyone. Everyone was shocked, their mouths were almost touching the floor. I chuckled, "What?", I murmured. 

"YOU  WITH HIM THE ADVENTURES?", Bendy yelled. "Yea...I was about to tell you that but someone named Felix...had to ruin it", I said and gave my brother a cold glare. "Wait so why didn't he mention you in the books", Bendy asked again, "Well, I don't really like all the attention so I asked my brother not to ever mention me", I said. "Wait, so does that mean that you have also fought with the Fire Tiger?", he asked again but my brother got to it first. "Yes! In fact, she is the one who saved me from it...I covered her act with the "mysterious creature"" he laughed. I was steaming hot now, I growled at my brother and his hands instantly shot up as if to surrender.

I signed and rolled my neck. 

"You can all stop staring", I murmured as I stared up at the midnight sky. In instantly heard a few coughs and mummering from embarrassment. 

"Welp, I have to go to bed...", I said while standing up from my seat, "Goodnight to all of you." I then left at that remark as a few more goodnights lingered behind me.