Chapter 19 The It

*Pipers POV*

*Cough Cough* I sat up and looked around. I was in a cement room with no windows and an iron door. I was on a hospital bed. I got up and immediately fell to the floor. I forgot my leg was broke. I let out a small scream. "OW...." My arm was throbbing as well. I looked down at my arm to see a small mark, like a tattoo that says '190'. "...what the heck.." It also had a strange symbol ':§:'.

I crawled back onto the bed. Then the door creaked open. The man in the black tuxedo walked in.

"Good morning Piper" he said with a grin on his face.

"What do u want...Are you gonna kill me" I backed up almost falling off the bed.

"Oh it's nothing I want, it's just my job. Do u really think I would want to kill my own daughter?" He asked with an unreadable expression.

"Your not....no...why..." I started to cry. He sat on the bed and hugged me. I pushed him away. "GET AWAY FROM ME...."

He shushed me and moved my hair behind my ear. "Its ok piper. I'm here."

"NO YOU WERE NEVER THERE....YOU KILLED MOM"

"Piper I loved your mother and I loved you, they forced me to work with them, if I didn't they were gonna kill us both. I'm gonna help you get out of here, ok." He hugged me again. I allowed.

Just then another man in a lab coat walked in. He had a cart with a bunch of things on it. "Is she ready?" He asked. My dad looked at me. Anger, sadness, and hopelessness filled his eyes. "Ye...yes she is"

"Good. Now piper don't move, or else." He said pulling out a big needle that was filled with glowing purple liquid. I looked away. I felt an unnerving pain in my arm. It spread throughout my body. I screamed in pain.

"What's happening to her?!!?! This isn't normal! Make it stop!!!" My dad screamed at the man in the lab coat.

"Hmm...not sure, interesting though...." he replied.

The pain faded away, I felt strong. I felt wild. I need to be free. I had the urge to fly away. That's when I realized something. I looked down at my leg. It was healed, I turned around and looked at my back. Wings, like a dragon. No way I thought.

" WHAT DOES THAT STUFF DO..." my dad shouted

"Well it's supposed to strengthen their gift...but I don't know what happened. Most of them die from it..." The lab man said.

I glared at him then smiled. "Hehe, thank you." I lunged from my bed onto him making him fall backwards. Then I glared at my dad. "Piper please, I can help you." I pushed him aside and ran out of the door. I found the nearest door to outside and I went for it. Tons of people were running after me. I spread my wings when I got outside. I flew off to find my friends.