Chapter 18 Parenthood

*Madalynn's POV*

"Hey Tyler, can I talk to you about Jamie?" I said softly, propping the sleeping girl up on my hip.

"Yeah Madalynn?" Tyler replied. It's time to face reality. Tyler and I had to become parents to an eight year old girl and I was only thirteen and Tyler was only sixteen.

"Tyler, don't you think we're kinda young to be taking care of Jamie? She needs a family who can support her and loves her and... I'm honestly not ready for this," I sighed.

"Madalynn, I'm not ready for this either but we have to do this. For Jamie's sake... we know what she has to go through. She has to run from the government like us. We have to help her so she doesn't get hurt. She's our daughter now. That's makes her our baby, bab-" he stopped himself from calling me a nickname.

"Tyler, what were you gonna call me?" I whispered.

"B-babe," he muttered. I swung my available arm around his neck and kissed his cheek.

"Well maybe I am your babe," I smiled. His grip on me tightened and we both quit walking. I looked at what he was looking at and I saw Ethan and Torch. But Piper was nowhere to be seen.

"ETHAN!" Tyler screamed running up to his brother and I just stood with Jamie.

"W-where is P-piper?" tears brimmed over my eyes.

"I-I don't know...," Ethan replied.

"NO!" I screamed. Jamie jumped, startled. I patted her head and held her tightly.

"Piper is gone?" Jamie said, whispering something we all knew already.

"We need to find her!" I said suddenly. We stayed to run in different directions.

We ran and ran until I spotted a tree with a slight blood mark on the side. I screamed and ran to find the others.

"THEY GOT PIPER!"