Chapter 6 Explaining

*Madalynn's POV*

I grabbed onto a branch and pulled myself out of the raging river. I continued to walk. Then I sensed someone near. This wasn't normal. This was what I felt in my dream. Then it hit me like a pile of bricks.

I found Piper!

I walked towards where the feeling was strongest. I saw a girl and a guy. Piper and Ethan. The girl I must save. I kept walking and bumped into Ethan.

"What do you want?" he screamed, pointing a dagger at me. I backed up.

"I'm here for Piper," I said, trying to remain calm.

"Who? And why?" he asked, trying to hide Piper.

"The girl behind you and so that I can take her to a safe place. She's a seer, just like me. I know where she can go to stay safe. I have been safe since I started coming to this place, which was when I was three. My mom let's me go there all the time," I explained. He looked at me.

"Why can't she stay here?" he asked.

"Because she isn't safe..." I replied

"She has to stay here," he said sternly. I groaned.

"Well anyway, hi Piper, I'm Madalynn. Madalynn Marie. I'm a seer just like you," I said, reaching my hand out to hers.

"I... I'm Piper... how did you find me?" Piper asked, trying to stand straight but she looked injured.

"Piper, what happened to your leg?" I said, completely ignoring her question.

"Oh... I was shot...," she replied.

"Piper... how?" I asked. Ethan grabbed her by the waist, leaned her against a tree, and pulled me away.