Chapter 5 The run

*Pipers POV*

I woke up startled the next morning. Ethan was running around the room throwing stuff into a small bag. He seemed panicked. I rubbed my eyes. "Ethan what's wr....." He jumped backwards about three feet and fell onto the floor. "Oh god....it's only you...you scared me....We gotta go....NOW..." I was confused. "What...wait...wh...." He picked me up in the bridal position. I yelped. He snuck around the trees and dashed into the forest. I looked over Ethan's shoulder. The government people were breaking into the small shed. "Ho...how did u know....they were coming...?" He glanced around nervously. "No time for questions." He darted behind a tree and set me down. I let out a small yelp. He had set me down on my bad leg. "Shhhhh.....sorry" He pulled something out of his belt. It was a dagger. I started to shift uneasily. ....oh God....please don't kill me. I thought. He stared at me and said "Its ok, I'm not gonna hurt you." I was still a little uneasy. I had this feeling...it was strange...I felt panic, guilt, worry....but I wasn't guilty and I didn't feel panicked at the moment. I looked into Ethan's eyes. I saw those exact feelings in his eyes. That's when I realized....I could feel his emotions. My eyes twitched and then went blurry. I saw a girl running, she was yelling something that was hard to make out. Then I heard it 'piper'. Someone was looking for me. I screamed to Ethan shaking me. "Oh thank God....." I looked at him blankly. "wha...what happened...." I looked around. no one was there except for Ethan. "You blacked out.....for over an hour...I...I...I thought you were gone..." I stared into his eyes just when I felt an overwhelming pain in my chest. He was crying, before I woke up....I felt his sadness, and then his relief. "Why would you think I was....gone?" He looked up "I..I thought they gave you....It" It? I thought wtf does that mean.... "Its a drug they give you...It kills most of us.......THEY'RE ALMOST HERE...." he grabbed his bag and flung it across this chest and grabbed me. He ran.