, Don't let it make you cry For even if I'm far away I hold you in my heart I sing a secret song to you Each night we are apart Remember me ,

, Though I have to travel far Remember me ,

, Each time you hear a sad guitar Know that I'm with you the only way that I can be... ,

, Until you're in my arms again He lived the kind of life you dream about... Remember me ,

" Until 1942. When he was crushed by a giant bell. "

( flashback ended )

" I wanna be just like him. Sometimes, I look at de la Cruz... and I get this feeling. Like we're connected somehow. Like if he could play music... maybe someday, I could too! If it wasn't for my family. " " Ay, ay, ay, muchacho! Huh? I asked for a shoe shine, not your life story. " the man said, i snapped out of and start shining his shoes. " Oh, yeah, sorry. I just can't really talk about any of this at home," i said " so. Look, if I were you, I'd march right up to my family and say, "Hey, I'm a musician. Deal with it!" "

" I could never say that. " I said. Until... " I can say it for you Miguel! " Mollene said, standing beside me while I was talking to a musican " okay, what you waiting for, do it! " the man said " not right now, when it will be the right moment. " she told him " ok, what ever you say Mollene beauty. " he called me. Mollene growled in annoyed for hating when they call her that " what! Everyone calls you that. Every time when they see you, every guy falls for you because of your beauty. " he explained " anyway, You are a musician, no? " he asked me " I-I-I don't know. I mean, I only really play for myself."

" Ah! Did de la Cruz become the world's best musician by hiding his sweet, sweet skills? No! He walked out onto that plaza and he played out loud! Mira, Mira, they're setting up for tonight. The music competition for Da de Muertos.You wanna be like your hero? You should sign up! "

" Unh-unh. My family would freak! " I said " Look, if you're too scared, then, well, have fun making shoes. Come on, what did de la Cruz always say? " he said " Seize your moment? " " Show me what you got, muchacho. I'll be your first audience. " the man gave me his guitar and I was surprised that I'm about to play with music. Until " Miguel! " me and mollene turned around and saw. Oh no " Ah! Abuelita! " I greet her with innocent. " What are you doing here? " she asked me in worry " Um... oh... uh... " i couldnt find the words to say it. Abuelita got her shoe out and points it at the musician

" You leave my grandson alone! " she yelled " Doa, please! I was just getting a shine. " the man said " I know your tricks, mariachi. What did he say to you? " abuelita asked " He was just showing me his guitar. " I said to her. My family gasp in shock " Shame on you! " tio berto said in anger " My grandson is a sweet little angelito, perrito, cielito! He wants no part of your music, mariachi. You keep away from him. " she said " Ay," the man grabs his hat and runs off. Abuelita puts her shoe back on and gave me a big hug." pobrecito! Estas bien, mijo. You know better than to be here in this place. You will come home. Now."

Mollene Pov

We started walking back to miguel home with his family, he does not deserve to be this way. The truth is, i love music. I always listen to music when my family plays it when i was little. " How many times have we told you? That plaza is crawling with mariachis. " to berto said " Yes, Tio Berto. " Miguel said. Suddenly dente came along "No, no, no, no, no." Miguel cried " Hey, go away, you. Go! " abuelita said and throw her shoe at him " It's just Dante. " migel said " Never name a street dog. They'll follow you forever. Now, go get my shoe. "

Time skip

We made it back to miguels home, and we saw them working hard to make shoes. " I found your son in Mariachi Plaza. " abuelita told motels father what happened " Ay, Miguel? " the father said " You know how abuelita feels about the plaza. " the mother said " I was just shining shoes." Miguel said " A musician's shoes. " too berto said.

Everyone gasp and i saw his cousin shoe when he was polishing, zips to the ceiling. " okay. That was unexpected. " I said to myself. " But the plaza's where the foot traffic is. " Miguel said " that is true! " I said " If abuelita says, "No more plaza", then no more plaza. " the father said. Making it clear for miguel " But what about tonight? " miguel asked " What's tonight? " Franco asked " Well, they're having this talent show. - A-and I thought I might... " " Sign up? " the mother looked at migel in curious " Well, maybe? "

Then we heard laughing " You have to have talent to be in a talent show. " rosa said " What are you gonna do? Shine shoes? " abel said, as if it was a joke " guys, thats enough! You being mean. " I said to them, abuelita gave miguel a bunch of flowers of marigolds "It's Da de los Muertos. No one's going any where. Tonight is about family. Ofrenda room. " abuelita dragged me and miguel to another room.

At the Offends room

She took us inside and there were pictures of the Rivera family " Don't give me that look. Da de los Muertos is the one night of the year our ancestors can come visit us. We put their photos on the ofrenda so their spririts can cross over. That is very important. If we don't put them up, they can't come. We made all this food. Set out the things

they loved in life, mijo. All this work to bring the family together. I don't want you sneaking off to who-knows-where. Huh! " when abuelita notice Miguel was missing, I quietly giggled so she won't hear me. Until she found him about to sneak off.

" Where are you going? " abuelita yelled " I thought we were done. " Miguel said, trying to be innocent " Ay, Dios mo. Being part of this family means being here for this family. I don't want to see you end up like... " abuelita looked at the frame that has no face on there. Why did they do that? Its not his fault that he wants to be a musican " Like Mam Coco's papa? " Miguel said.

" Never mention that man! He's better off forgotten. " abuelita said, she just mention him?! " But you're the one who... " " Eh, thchhsss! " " I was just..." " Tchsshh! " " But..." " Tchshh. " " I..." " Shhh. " " Papa? " we turned around and saw coco, saying papa. " Papa is home? " coco said " Mama, clmese, clmese." Abuelita walk towards her daughter coco. I know its been hard for her, and i know she misses him and wants to see him again... so do i.

" Papa is coming home? " coco said it again " No, Mama, it's okay. I'm here. " abuelita said to her " Who are you? " coco said. Not recognising her own daughter. Poor her. " Ay... rest, Mama." Abuelita walked back to ofrenda with a sad look on her face " I'm hard on you because I care, Miguel. Miguel? Miguel? " now he's missing for real.

" Ay. What are we going to do with that boy? Ha ha ha, you're right. That's just what he needs." Abuelita chuckled, and I realised what she meant " um, abuelita! I'm just gonna go and take a walk. " I said, with a nervously smile. " okay my dear. And have a great night of Da de los Muertos. " abuelita said. I nodded and dash to find Miguel, and the only place he could go, that no one can know.