30. Thank You, George

Dane's POV.

My clenched fists want to punch something. Hearing her cry like that, I really want to hurt Jordan and Timothy. But I made a promise to Sarah that I've to keep.

I mind link my boundary patrol and tell them to let Jordan and Timothy inside the territory without stopping them, then go to my father's study.

"Dad," I call my dad and he looks up from behind his desk.

"What is it Dane?"

"Dad, I'm sorry for not telling you this earlier. I'd my reasons. But now I want you to know. Sarah, George's daughter, is my mate," I tell my dad.

He seems to be registering what I'd just told him before his face lights up. "Dane! For real?!" he shouts, and comes and hugs me. "Oh my god! Why didn't you tell me sooner? I'm so happy!" he says almost crying.

My father has always blamed himself for me not dating. He thought it was his fault, his inability to keep his relationship with my mother, that I grew to dislike women. Looking at his happy face, I feel relieved.

"Thanks, dad. We kept it a secret because of her brothers. They don't like me."

"Nonsense. What's not to like about you?! They should be glad their sister has a mate like you. Besides, you're already mated. Who cares what they think?"

"Sarah does. She doesn't want to go against her brothers."

My father nods understandingly.

"Her brothers are coming here now. They found out that me and Sarah are mates. They'll be here for a fight," I tell him and as if on cue, I hear the screeching sound of a car making a hard break in front of my house.

Me and my dad go to the entrance.

Jordan steps out of his car, fuming. He makes his way towards me, followed by his brother. I stand my ground ready to take on anything, when my dad steps in between me and him.

Jordan stops. His anger remains on his face. "Hunter, this is between me and Dane," he tells my father.

"No. This is between Dane and Sarah. They're mates, Jordan," says my dad.

Jordan growls. "No! He's not my sister's mate!"

"It's too late, Jordan. Please accept it. At least for your sister's sake," says my dad.

Another car comes in front of our house and George gets out of it.

He comes to me and says in a slightly angry tone, "Dane! How could you? How could you mate my daughter and keep that a secret from me!"

"I'm sorry, George. I didn't mean to. My father didn't knew either. Sarah asked me to keep it a secret. She was scared of her brothers finding out," I apologetically tell George.

George looks at his two enraged sons in front of the house. "Jordan! what are doing?"

"He's not going to be Sarah's mate, father!"

"That's not for us to decide. Sarah had already made that decision for herself. She chose Dane," George tells Jordan.

"No! Sarah doesn't know what's best for her. She deserves someone way better that this son of a bitch!" says Jordan looking at me.

My fists clench again and I try to calm down my wolf.

"Jordan! Don't forget you're talking to the Alpha of Blue Streak, and also your sister's mate!" shouts George at his son.

"Like I said, dad, he's not going to be her mate. I'll have her fucking remove the mate bond!" shouts back Jordan.

My thread of sanity snaps at hearing about breaking my bond with my mate and my wolf comes out and pounces at Jordan.

Jordan and Timothy transform, too.

We fight brutally and maul each other bad. But before things could escalate further, our fathers transform and place themselves between us commanding us to stand down.

We obey and transform back to our human forms.

"That's it Jordan, we are leaving," says George to Jordan before turning to me. "Listen, Dane, since my daughter likes you, I've no objection to you being her mate. But whether she chooses to be with you inspite of her brothers' objections or not, that's upto her. I won't force her to choose either."

I nod.

"Thank you, George," says my dad. George nods and leaves after making sure his sons have left first.