22. Take Care Of Her

Dane's POV.

I enter the remote cottage and she's there with her friend, Hanna.

"She's all yours," says Hanna to me while getting ready to leave.

I walk Hanna out to the door and tell her how thankful I am to her for bringing Sarah here.

"Alpha Dane, I'll be honest. I wouldn't have done that if it weren't you. I've known of you for a long time. You've never been like this with any girl. I know you love Sarah.

But even more so, what matters to me is that she loves you, too. I've known her for years. She hasn't liked anyone before you. For her, to even come here, after all that that Timothy had told her, it just shows you how much you mean to her.

So, please, take care of her. "

I nod. "I promise."

Once she has left I go back to Sarah. She's sitting on the dining table.

"So, what do you want to talk about?" she asks.

"We already talked about everything in the phone. You like me, Sarah," I tell her.

She's looking at her hands on the table. She looks like she wants to say something.

"What is it?" I ask her.

"Let's say my brothers find out about us and keep me in house arrest or something, what will you do?" she asks carefully.

I have a feeling that my future with her hangs in that question. I tell her the wrong thing and she'll leave. I give her the right answer and she's mine.

"I'll keep coming till your brothers let me see you."

"And if they don't let you?"

"I told you. I'll keep coming."

"And if they hurt you?" she asks slowly.

"I'll protect myself. But I won't hurt them back."

She doesn't ask anymore questions. She looks up at me, and I know. She's mine.

I go to her and kiss her.

She responds. I turn her chair towards me and pull her close.