39. Only With You (END)

Dane's POV.

She called me ten minutes ago saying she'll be here in five minutes.  I stand outside the house in the night, restless, waiting for Jordan to drive her here.

Alpha, they're here, I hear one of my border patrol tell me through mind link.

I stop pacing and keep my gaze fixed on the road leading to my house.

Two minutes later, a black SUV comes into view. As soon as it stops in front of the house, I rush to the passenger side and see Sarah getting out.

Her beautiful face and bright smile finally breathes life into me.

She says, "hey, missed m–"

I cut her off, crashing my lips on hers.

She kisses me back as if she was longing for this, too.

I continue the kisses, not giving her a chance to breathe.

Jordan clears his throat, and Sarah pushes me away. I throw a look at Jordan, feeling a little angry.

"Alright, let's go in. You're staying for dinner," says Sarah to her brother.

Jordan opens his mouth to refuse, but she holds her hand up. "You're coming in. Come on, it won't take long to prepare the dinner."

Jordan doesn't agree and just stands hesitantly. She glances at me, giving me the ocular order to ask him to come in.

I inhale and tell him, "come in Jordan, please."

He doesn't say anything for a couple of seconds, then he starts towards the house. Sarah smiles widely and hurries in before us, straight into the kitchen.

"Take a seat," I tell Jordan, directing him to the three seater couch in the living room. He sits at its centre and I sit on the adjacent single seater.

There's an awkward silence between us. It's a good thing Jordan hasn't tried to strangle me yet. Maybe he has changed. Or maybe he's not doing or saying anything because Sarah is here. I don't know how she managed to reconcile with him, but I don't think it'll be that easy for us.

I can't take the silence anymore. "Where's Tim?" I ask Jordan.

"He's attending a pack meeting on my behalf."

"Oh. I could've picked Sarah up, you know. You didn't have to drive her all the way here." and you're also late, I wanted to tell him but stopped.

"No. I had to come here. I wanted to see you and talk. You see I–"

"Hey man! Is she back?" asks Gabe who has entered the house. As soon as he spots Jordan, his face looks surprised.

I begin to tell Gabe where Sarah is: "yeah. She's in–"

"Gabe! Is that you? I'm in the kitchen!" says Sarah.

Instantly, Gabe walks to the kitchen like he's on fire. He knows very well the history between me and Jordan.  Seeing Jordan sitting in my living room is a jolt of shock for anyone who has known us for a long time.

After observing my Beta not so inconspicuously escaping our company, Jordan turns his attention back to me. "Like I was saying, I wanted to come here because I wanted to talk to you," says Jordan.

He then tells me, "it's better if it's just us two and it's better if we talk outside."

I nod in response. He turns to the kitchen and says loudly, "Sarah, we're going out for a walk. Won't take long."

Sarah pops her head out of the kitchen entrance with a ladle in her hand and behind her, Gabe mimics her with a knife in his hand. Seeing those two like that makes me want to laugh.

Sarah looks between me and Jordan and then nods and says to us, "dinner will be ready in 10. Don't go too far."

I feel lost in her face and in her voice. It's been a while since I heard her giving me an order. Oh Goddess, I missed her so much. Why do Jordan and Gabe have to be here now?

Jordan gets up and walks towards the front door. I follow him and then right before exiting, I stop and look back into the house.

Leaning out from the kitchen, Sarah looks at me and smiles. She mouths, "it's okay. You'll be fine."

I silently laugh at her telling me it's okay as if I'm scared of her big brother. I turn back to the front and see Jordan climbing down the steps.

No. I'm not nervous because of her brother, I'm nervous because he is her brother.

Me and Jordan walk silently till we hit the dirt road that leads into the forest. He says while we take that dirt road, "Sarah looks really happy."

I tell him, "of course, she is. She got to stay with you guys for a whole week. I don't think she'll be coming back to earth anytime soon."

Jordan nods while smiling and stops and faces me. "That's true. But I'm saying she's happy in general. And that's because of you." He takes a deep breath and says, "I'm sorry, Dane."

"Jordan, please. There's nothing for you to apologise to me. All I want is for her to be happy. Now that you guys are back to being close, that's enough for me.  I know you love her. I couldn't be more happy about your reconciliation with her. I assume Tim is not angry at her, too."

Jordan says, "Yes. He's fine with it all now. Although, don't expect him to be as cordial as me to you."

I smirk and say, "I don't." Tim will take his time to come around to me. Let him.

"But, don't take this all the wrong way, though. I still believe you don't deserve Sarah," says Jordan grinning.

I smile back at him and say, "that we can agree on. I never said I deserved her, only that, I love her – a lot."

"Love would be enough. Trust me, I know. But I still have to warn you: make her cry and that'll be the end of you," says Jordan sternly.

I patiently nod at her stubborn brother.

We walk back home and have our dinner. Gabe joins us, too.

Gabe leaves soon after the dinner, then me and Sarah walk Jordan to his car.

He turns to his sister, holds her face and kisses her forehead. "See you on Saturday," he tells her.

She nods gleefully. He looks at me and says, "I forgot to tell you, coming Saturday is our grandmother's birthday. She's looking forward to see you, so come with Sarah."

"Sure. I would love to. Thanks," I tell him.

He hugs Sarah one last time and then goes to his car and leaves.

As soon as his car is out of sight I lift up Sarah in my arms. She shrieks in surprise. "What are you doing?" she asks.

"Something I wanted to do since you came," I tell her. "I missed you like crazy!"

She wraps her arms around my neck and gently kisses my lips. "I missed you, too."

"Really? Over the phone, you sounded like you were having a lot of fun, though," I tell her frowning.

She presses her lips together and says thoughtfully, "I did," and then she looks at me, seductively biting her lower lip, and says in her sexy voice that I can never resist, "but there's a kind of fun that I can have only with you."

I don't waste anymore time talking and carry her straight to our room.

💕

Thanks for reading, guys! If you can, please vote on your favourite chapters, and also check out my other stories in Wattpad :)