{45} A FUN DAY AT THE WATERPARK AND A TRIP INTO TARTARUS {45]

Start from the beginning

We continued to chatter as we ate our breakfast. About twenty minutes later, after we had transferred to the living room, I heard shuffling outside the door. Eventually, someone pounded on the wood.

I stood up, frowning, and headed over. "Hello?"

I opened the door up and and saw a very frustrated looking Thalia and a tired Luke. "Oh, hey guys."

Thalia rolled her eyes and shoved past us. I glanced at Luke accusingly.

"What?" he said. "I didn't do anything, I swear. She's nervous about, you know, Jason."

"Oh," I said, feeling dumb. Of course she was anxious. She hadn't seen her brother in years and was about to be reunited with him in less than an hour. "Well, nice to see you, man."

Luke smiled. "You too, Perce. Let's sit down for a bit."

We headed over to the girls, who were chatting excitedly on the couch. I sat down on the loveseat and Luke lounged in Paul's recliner.

"So, when are we heading out?" he asked the group.

I shrugged. "Within twenty minutes, I'd guess."

"We can get going whenever," Annabeth said, glancing at Thalia.

"Great," I said, smiling. "We should make sure we have everything and then head out."

"Let's get started then."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"She's a Killer Queen!" I shouted. "Gunpowder, gelatin! Dynamite with a laser beam! Guaranteed to blow your mind, anytime!"

Annabeth laughed, singing along.

Thalia rolled her eyes, looking over her shoulder at us. "I bet twenty bucks that you don't even know who this is by, Annie."

Annabeth grinned. "Yup. I only know the cover that Five Seconds of Summer did."

I laughed, throwing an arm over her shoulders. "Don't worry, Thals. My first mission as her boyfriend is to educate her in all things music."

Luke jerked the wheel out of what I guessed was shock. "Whoa," he said, turning down the radio. "Boyfriend?"

Annabeth bit her lip. "Yeah, Percy and I are dating."

He frowned. "You didn't tell me? How long?"

"Um, it's been over a week."

He sighed, murmuring, "No one ever tells me anything anymore."

That was the start of a very awkward car ride.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once we arrived at the park, we brought all of our stuff to a row of lounge chairs near one of the waterslides and spread it out. I texted Rachel and Calypso where we were so that they would know where to meet up with us.

Annabeth came up behind me and wrapped her arms around my waist,

"Thalia and I are going to go to the bathroom and change, okay?" she told me quietly.

I turned around in her embrace and kissed her forehead. "Mhmm," I agreed. "Can we talk first?"

She nodded, staring into my eyes. "Go ahead," she said breathlessly.

"Why didn't you tell Luke?" I asked, brushing her hair from her face. "Is it because you weren't on speaking terms, or because you were ashamed, or - "