{14} FEELINGS? NEVER HEARD OF THOSE {14}

"One time, he even burst into tears because Annabeth stepped on an ant! He was blubbering about how the little guy had a family, and a home, and a job. I tried very hard not to laugh, but it was difficult," my treacherous mother admitted.

Calypso laughed. "So, you've always been the sensitive one out of you two, huh, Perce?"

My entire face was tomato red. My mom was sharing very embarrassing stories of me as a kid with Calypso, who she had seemed to have taken a liking to.

"Yeah, yeah," I grumbled.

Caly giggled and nibbled on a cookie.

"Tell her about the time you got lost with Annabeth, Perce," my mom pressed.

I rolled my eyes.

"When I was thirteen, Annabeth, Mom, and I went to the beach. We were planning on doing some sea kayaking. Annabeth and I rented a double kayak and did some exploring, but we got lost. Totally not my fault, by the way. Annabeth was in front. Anyway, we stumbled on this tiny island with a huge shipwreck on the shore. We got out and checked it out. By the time the sun was setting, Coast Guard found us. It was really cool though."

Mom scoffed. "You missed the best part, Percy! While they were climbing into the boat, Percy helped Annabeth get seated and forced her to sit in front so that he could keep an eye on her. Then he adjusted her life jacket for her. While the little couple was on the island, he kept on comforting Annabeth. Well, that's what she told me. He was a total sweetheart."

I felt the tips of my ears burn red. "Mom! Are you trying to embarrass me?"

She smirked. "It's only embarrassing if it's true."

Calypso laughed, before taking another cookie from the plate.

"Wow, these are delicious, Sally. You must have high standards, Percy."

I laughed, realizing all of the food we ate together was remarkable.

"Anyway," Calypso said, standing and brushing her hands on her jeans, "I need to get going."

"Alright. I can walk you," I offered, standing too.

"N-no. I'm fine. See you Monday, Percy. Nice meeting you, Mrs. Jackson."

She rushed out of the door.

I furrowed My eyebrows. "That was strange."

"No kidding. You said you met her Monday? She seems to like you a lot."

I shrugged. "I'm the first person she met here. Maybe it's a psychological thing?"

Mom smiled softly and shook her head. "I mean I think she has feelings for you."

My eyes went wide. "What? No way. I've only known her five days. She barely knows me."

"Love is irrational, Percy. I only knew your father a few months before we had you."

"Well, I don't like her that way. I know myself enough to be confident about my feelings."

I grabbed a cookie and happily munched on it.

"Your feelings for Annabeth, you mean."