{8} IT WAS FLOUR, I SWEAR {8}

Luke Castellan was a complicated guy, I'd give him that.

When Thalia was about twelve years old, she fled from home and met Luke. The pair found Annabeth while they were vacationing with Luke's mother, who had mental issues but was still pretty cool when she wasn't having an episode. They all helped each other and had a great time, but once the vacation was over, Annabeth went home.

Pretty soon after that, Luke and Thalia ran away together, which is one of the first things that made me wonder. Luke's dad was insanely rich, and seemed like a nice guy, making it look like daddy issues wouldn't be a problem. His mom had some mental problems, but, like I mentioned, she was still pretty sweet. His home was nice, too, and much better than his current estate. I just didn't get why he left.

A year later, Mr. Castellan left his family while his wife spiralled into insanity.

Luke had been living in a crusty apartment in Upper East Side, and Thalia was his roommate. That was another thing that I was kind of concerned about. Thalia, age twenty, was currently running around. She was trying to fulfill her dreams, as well as make an honest living. Luke, age twenty two, sat at home on his couch like a potato, from my knowledge. Why? I couldn't tell you. But whenever I mentioned this to either Thalia or Annabeth, they got very defensive.

Speaking of Annabeth, I had no idea that she and Luke had gotten close again. When she moved to New York and reunited with Thalia, she also reunited with Luke. Thalia had oversaw the whole thing, and told me it didn't really go well, and that she had really low expectations for a future relationship. Annabeth was twelve and Luke was nineteen, so that may have had an impact on the situation, but either way the whole encounter was awkward.

"Let's watch Mean Girls!" Silena suggested.

The entire group was situated in my living room, cuddled up with blankets and clutching their popcorn bowls. The di Angelo siblings claimed the loveseat for themselves. Luke was on the left of Annabeth, who was on my left. We were all on the main couch. Grover was by my feet, and Charles and Silena were cuddling on the floor between the loveseat and the couch, which met at a ninety degree angle. Rachel had sprawled herself over Paul's recliner.

I was scrolling through Netflix, and the group couldn't seem to come to a consensus.

"No," I berrated. "I'm not paying for that."

Silena blew a long, straight stand of her black hair out of her face. "Fine."

"What about a nature documentary?" Grover suggested.

Rachel shook her head. "I hate those things. They make me feel guilty." She brushed her hands over her freckled arms, wiping off imaginary dust.

"How about a cartoon?" Bianca timidly mentioned. "There's a lot of good Disney movies."

We all nodded and began scrolling through those. We eventually decided on Hercules, and chose The Jungle Book in case we wanted to watch more.

"That's so inaccurate," Annabeth mumbled, referring to our tier one selection.

I smirked at her. "Sorry, Wise Girl. Feel free to correct the movie as we watch."

"I would have done it without your approval," she stated smugly.

I chuckled. "I would imagine."

We all made sure we were comfy before starting the movie.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The second movie, The Jungle Book, had just finished and almost everybody was asleep. Nico conked out before Hercules even met Megara, and Bianca followed shortly after. Grover was passed out about halfway through Hercules, and Luke went down as we were starting The Jungle Book. The young couple on the floor fell asleep somewhere around the start of The Jungle Book, and Annabeth slumped onto my shoulder when it was halfway finished. Rachel and I were the only ones still awake.