16 - Lovely Dream

Rose

The kiss was not soft and passionate, rather it was rough and was dominated by Hades.

Why was I kissing him back? I have no answer to this question. But this kiss was answering all the unheard and asked questions.

We both were pouring in all our emotions. The emotions that dominated Hades' side was betrayal and the emotion that dominated my side was pain. Immense pain!

The kiss was raw and hard but still there were the fireworks. His hands roamed my body and shockingly I didn't feel disgusted. My hand tightly gripped his hair as if I was worried he would disappear.

None of us needed oxygen at that moment. We were each other's oxygen.

Suddenly Hades bit my lower lip drawing some blood and a moan escaped my mouth. My back arched and I could not deny I was completely aroused by that moment. Our eyes met ones and I could see even his eyes were clouded with lust.

His eyes at that moment reminded me of the lust filled eyes of those monsters.

Suddenly the spell broke and I was back in my senses. No this was wrong, I was never supposed to let him or any man near me again.

"But he is different.", my subconscious mind argued.

He is no different. In the first place he has no right to feel betrayed. He betrayed me by divorcing me. Because of him I suffered. Yet I let him kiss me like a fool.

I pushed him with all force as he stumbled back a few steps. Shock was evident on his face. I was searching for oxygen in the air whereas it looked like he didn't need it at all.

Tears pooled in my eyes. I should not have let him fool me. Why did I let my guards down? So foolish of me.

"Rose..."

He was about to say something but I stopped him. I don't need his hollow promises, fake care. I don't need it.

"Listen, Mr. Knight, because of you I have suffered a lot and I am both physically and mentally too weak to suffer more. This kiss was a mistake, just forget it."

Before he could say anything else. I dashed out of the study.

"Rose......Rose.."

I could hear him shouting my name but I was quick to reach my room and made sure that I locked the door.

I sat on my bed and cried my heart out. I loved him so much that it hurts. Why did he have to ruin everything? Why? Why couldn't we have been a normal couple and things were simpler?

All these questions rushed in my brain. Soon exhaustion creeped within me and I faded in the dark.

The home looked perfect as I rushed around to make sure everything was alright.

Today Hades' boss's family was coming for dinner.

"Love get ready!", my dear husband yelled from the kitchen.

If you are thinking what was he doing in the kitchen, then he was cooking the meal. Not like we could not afford a maid or chef but I didn't ever like strangers working in my home. I prefer doing everything on my own.

Well also it was not like I didn't know how to cook but as he put it 'I like my kitchen unburned' so I am not allowed to cook just because I burned the kitchen twice. Just twice! You see I am clumsy but not much, only itty-bitty.

I went inside the kitchen where he was mixing the Mexican salad. The smell in the kitchen was heavenly.

"Need some help," I asked him.