08 - Is It Brownie

Rose

As soon as these words left my mouth, Hades abruptly stopped in the middle of the way. I could see he was contemplating whether to reach out to me or not.

Maybe he didn't expect me to say such a thing but I only stated a true fact about myself. I can't be this selfish, I needed to warn him that he was playing with a lifeless soul and none of his actions will intrigue me.

"Rose. I-I...", he was at loss of words as a hurt look crossed his face but being the expert at masking his feelings, he hid them.

"You won't change my heart towards you, Mr. Knight.", I said calmly while keeping my face neutral.

"That time will tell, mio fiore.", Hades said while he curled his hand in determination.

Wrong, Hades.

You are wrong. You may be a charmer, but I am no ordinary girl today.

My heart is surrounded by walls, walls which are not just high but thick too. They are embedded with my shrill screams and are wrapped around thorns that are nothing but my endless woes.

As soon as you come near these walls, my shrill screams will make your ears bleed and the thorns will pierce through your eyes. Till the time you will be capable of peeping through my walls, you will be both deaf and blind.

"It's Hades, love.", Hades continued while running his hand through his soft black hair.

"You are a mere acquaintance. You are a mean man who is blackmailing and taking me with him by playing dirty tricks, Mr. Knight.", I said emphasizing on the word Mr. Knight as it was now by turn to smirk.

Hades sighed and muttered something under his breath which I could not make out. Most probably a curse.

His eyes then met mine before they roamed throughout my body. But I didn't feel frightened or conscious. Rather, him looking at me made me feel stronger in some mysterious way. Like his vision of me was mystically protecting me.

How much I lied to myself but deep down I still somehow trusted him.

Yes, there was no denial that till day I still trust Hades Knight.

"You know, actually you should change.", Hades said while searching the back of his neck.

I raised my eyebrow as I internally signed at this possessive side of Hades and I thought someone has changed. My bad, maybe something will never change.

"What's wrong in this?", I said while crossing my arms on my chest.

"There is nothing wrong in it but seeing you in this is just my secret treasure. I don't want other males seeing you in this or like this.", Hades said with so much pride that it hurt my heart because the reality today was very different.

I was no more his secret treasure but I pushed those thoughts aside.

"Fudge you.", I said while I made my back to change in our, no Hades' room.

Hades' soft laugh illuminated the corridor as he continuously repeated, "My angel still doesn't curse."

I quickly changed into my older clothes and went down the stairs but around the second last stair I started feeling dizzy and after I had completely descended the stairs my legs decided to give up and I fell down but in more literal terms, it was like sitting down while dizziness took a complete circle in my body.

"Rose!"

I heard Hades' concerned voice and then felt hands on both of my shoulders. I quickly flinched as the image of those filthy monsters touching me crossed my mind.