14 - Just A Nightmare

Third Person POV

It has been one week since Rose decided to give Hades the silent treatment.

One o'clock is exactly the time of the night. The silence in the air was peaceful. No chirping of birds, no honking of cars and no pedestrians walking on the streets.

But the petite woman on the bed was shaking with fear. As she relived the moment which became the cause for all her regrets and pain. The day she encountered the monsters, in the dress of normal beings ready to plague her life.

Rose rubbed her hand as cold wind slapped her bare face. Her cheeks and nose was now a beautiful shade of pink with a hint of red. She was making her way back to her home.

Two weeks.

It has been two weeks since the divorce. Till day whenever she thought about Hades it hurt and she could feel herself breaking. But still, life has to move on.

In one week she got a job as a waitress in a well known restaurant that paid her enough to sustain herself.

It was a long walk back to home yet she didn't complain even after one and a half years of a luxurious life she definitely found it hard to adjust but rose always had a firm grip on the soil. She did rise high. But still she was firmly standing on the soil with bare feet.

She made her way to her house which was on the ground floor for a long time no maintenance flat but it was all she could afford.

"Siki!"

Rose cursed in her own formed language as she saw the door of her house broken.

She didn't dare to take a step further. Her mind was running a thousand thoughts but the thought which stuck to her mind the most was the possibility of the person doing it being Hades.

A warm feeling spread through her thinking about it. She tried to convince herself to hate him but she could not. He was the one who brought light to her dark world.

But still she could not let her guards down. She rampaged her dirty bag to find a notebook which she used for doodling. Being the only stiff thing in her bag she took it out.

"Why didn't I learn self defense!", Rose cried to herself. As she thought of the day when she stubbornly denied Hades' idea to teach her self defense.

But neither of them knew that a day would soon come when even self defense could not save her.

Taking a deep breath, the woman holding a notebook as a shield and a weapon entered the house.

The house was pitch black as she took a few steps further trying to quickly reach the switch boards. As soon as she turned on the lights to take a sigh thinking no one was there.

But soon her happy bubble burst as she yelped listening to the sound of the door as it was forcefully closed. She turned back to face the person who dared invade her privacy.

"You"

Rose stated pointing an accusing finger in the direction of the man who stood with an arrogant smirk.

The man's eyes went to the notebook and his smirk grew wider showing some of his ugly yellow teeth.

"What a lovely thing to defend yourself with!", the man said in a sarcastic tone.

Rose stood in a conflicted situation her heart was weeping thinking it was not Hades and her brain was yelling at her to do something as the man who stood there had an undoubtedly scary aura.