05 - Cruel Billionaire In Action

Rose

As I made my way to my workplace aka Sweet Aroma Cafe, cold wind hit my body as they hastily passed through me.

I shivered in the cold even though I was wearing a sweater on a summer morning because of my always cold body.

It was currently 6:40 am and the cafe was supposed to open at 8 but all the staff were supposed to arrive an hour earlier.

Suddenly the words of Hades invaded my mind.

" I think it's time to make a deal.", he said while a smirk was permanently plastered on his unfortunately perfect place."

The word deal caught my mind as I quickly asked," What deal?"

"Patience my love, you will get to know it soon.", he said while softly chuckling.

I felt frustrated by that moment.

"Listen to me Mr. Knight, I don't owe you anything that I would like to make a deal with you. Rather I would appreciate it if you will leave me alone.", I snapped with my newly found confidence.

He didn't reply to me; he just said that it was getting late. Thus he left me back at my home but not before giving a distasteful look towards my apartment.

I sighed as I was continuously worried about what was on that billionaire's head.

At 6:55 am sharp I reached the cafe. I entered from the back door to be greeted by Martha's sobbing and her tearful face.

I quickly kept my bulky bag on the nearby chair and quickly made my way to the old woman.

"Martha.", I said softly while putting my hand on her frail shoulder.

"It's all over Rose.", Martha said in an utterly broken voice.

"George's dream is over. I can't do anything.", she screamed in frustration.

I continued rubbing her back and after some time, she calmed down. She looked at me while I wiped away the tears falling down her cheeks.

"Ssh, relax. It's all right.", I said softly.

"Rose, they bought this- this piece of land and so-on they will be knocking down the cafe. This cafe was George's dream.", Martha said, completely broken as she dreamily thought about her late husband.

I dragged a chair which was at one corner and made Martha sit. I know completely well how much Martha loved this cafe as it had the sweet memories of George and her. But unfortunately this cafe is over a rented land. They could never buy this piece of land but they always paid their rent on time.

"Martha, now take a deep breath then clearly tell me what's the matter.", I said.

Martha did as I told her and then explained everything to me.

"Yesterday the owner of this land along with them came to inform me that they have bought this piece of land and within a week they will be knocking down the cafe. I tried negotiating with them. They told me that by knocking down the cafe I will be provided with compensation and if I want to save my cafe, I need to pay them half a million. Rose half a million!"

I could feel my own throat tightening listening to Martha's condition. Half a million was a huge amount and arranging it in such a small time was near to impossible.

"We can go to the police. This is against the cafe's contract.", I said with the last bit of my hope which was soon blown away as Martha shook her head.

"They are extremely powerful.", Martha said hopelessly.

"Who are they Martha?", this time it was me who cried out.