15 - Files And Cries

Rose

I groaned as the light seeped in my room. How do I explain these sun rays that I am not a morning person? I stuffed my head deeper in the pillow and started counting,

One sheep..two sheep..three sheep

I was too busy trying to concentrate. That I didn't hear the knock on the front door. Maybe no one wants me to sleep today.

"Coming.", I said softly but how frustrated I was.

One of the maids whom I didn't know was standing patiently on my door.

"Good afternoon madam. It's already one o'clock and sir is requesting you to eat something.

As soon as the word sir left her mouth, the incident of last night came back haunting me.

"I will be there in half an hour.", I whispered as I was too lost in my thoughts.

Saying this I closed the door. I sighed and sat back on my fluffy bed.

It's been only one day since I ran out of my drugs and I already had a terrifying nightmare. I know Hades must want some answers but what will I explain to him?

My trail of thoughts were suddenly stopped by a bile rising up my throat. I ran to the bathroom and emptied my already empty stomach. But when I looked down I saw blood.

Blood! I never threw out blood before today. Maybe my death is coming near. This sentence tugged in my heart. I want to die, there is no doubt in that. But I don't want to die without punishing those monsters.

I quickly flushed the blood and cleaned the floor with a mop nearby. Hell would break loose if he sees this blood.

Then I quickly brushed my teeth, did my other business and then made my way downstairs. The breakfast or shall I say lunch was already placed on the dining table. I looked around but there was no sign of Hades. It was weird, Hades always had his meals with me.

I sat down and made sure to eat just a bit, I didn't want to puke again. Also I made a mental note to take some sleeping pills from now on before going to sleep.

I decided to make my way back to my room. Since I had nothing else to do. As I was climbing the staircase, I found Hades standing at the top of it.

"Follow me to the study, please.", Hades said in an emotionless voice.

Did he find out I puked blood or was it a nightmare? Anyway I didn't plan on telling him something.

I obediently followed him.

As I entered the study he closed the door behind me and then he stood in front of me.

"Why, Rose?", he asked in a broken voice.

His voice made a piece of my heart break. He was never the one to be vulnerable. He stood strong even in the worst conditions.

"What's wrong?", I asked in a small voice. My voice felt like it was somewhere hidden in my throat.

"What's wrong, Rose? You are seriously asking me.", he said as he made his way to the table. He raised a file in his hand then banged it on the table.

The noise made me flinch. Why was he so angry? But the next words that left his mouth left me gasping for air.

"How long were you going to hide the fact from me that you are in depression and have..have a hole in your heart? How long is Rose? How long?"

How did he get to know this? No, no this was not my plan. He was never supposed to know this. This is all wrong.

"How did you get to know?", I asked him.

His eyes grew darker. His jaw was continuously clenching and unclenching.

"So you didn't plan on telling.", his voice boomed through the room and I took a few steps back as he walked towards me. Two more steps and I was trapped between the wall and him.

He raised his hand up high and I closed my eyes on instinct. I waited for the impact but it never came. I soon felt a warm hand stroking my cheeks. I peeled open my eyes slowly to get lost in the oceanic blue eyes which had unshed tears.

"You thought I would hit you?", Hades said in a hoarse voice. A lone tear slid down his high cheek bone. I had no answer. What could I say? I started looking at my shoes as if they were the most interesting thing to see in the damn whole world.

I felt a finger lifting my chin. I didn't flinch this time. I knew it was him.

"Look at me, Rose."His voice was rough but it held so much authority that I was forced to look at him.

"Is this how you think of me? This low? You really thought I would hit you, hurt you?", his voice held pain as it cracked at the last.

"Yes."

This word blurted out of my mouth. I had no control. I really believed he would hurt me at that moment. Why wouldn't I? He looked so aggressive at that moment. His words were so rude, his voice so loud and his face utterly blank.

He looked shocked as if he could not believe his ears. But that Hades Knight was the truth and the truth is always bitter.

"Is this how much you trust me?", he said in utter shock.

As soon as the word trust left his mouth, my blood boiled. Trust my foot. Does this man even know the meaning of trust? No, he doesn't. A man like him can never understand the meaning of trust because if did then he should have never made the mistake of giving me divorce.

I pushed him with all the force that was left in my body. He stumbled back a few steps. Maybe he was not expecting me to do such a thing.

"Do you even know the meaning of trust?"

I was blinded with tears. Neither these tears were of pain nor of frustration. They were formed of the steam which rises from the boiling of my blood looking for an escape.

"Rose, I...."

I interrupted him. No this time I will say and he will listen.

"I always told you one thing to never break someone's trust. I always told you trust comes before love. That trust is the base of every relationship. But what you did you crushed my trust in you.", I yelled as tears were now freely flowing. He moved his hand forward to wipe them off but I slapped his hand away.

"But you were supposed to tell me about your health?", Hades questioned.

"I didn't want to tell you.", I simply stated.

"But why Rose?", he again questioned.

"You know what Hades Knight I don't need to answer this question but there is something you must know. That day when you gave me divorce, I was coming to you so that I could tell you about my heart's condition. I thought you would sweep me off my feet, let me cry in your chest and then you would take all my pains away. But how wrong I was.

"Rose, I am sorry.", he said whole heartedly but it was too late for that. I am broken beyond repair.

"It's too late for that and I already told you that day that one day you would regret everything and maybe today is that day.", I said the last part softly. I never like hurting him but he even deserves to feel my pain.

"Please give me one chance to make everything right."Hades practically begged.

"I have stopped giving people and myself chances.", I now stated in an irritated tone.

"Then you know what I will do?", he asked, taking predatory steps in my direction.

"What?", I asked while crossing my hands on my tiny chest.

"I will provide myself with a chance.", Hades said smugly.

But if I don't give him a chance, then how he gets a chance.

"How?", I asked innocently.

"Like this."

And with those ladies and gentlemen he slashed his warm and soft lips on my chapped ones. He was devouring my mouth like a hungry caveman and the worst part was that I was kissing him back.

[A/n Ahmmm...]