Bad Boy- Chapter Eleven

Chris sat on the couch, waiting for Eddie to return. Although him and his mother were in the kitchen, Chris could still hear the conversation, and it made him feel embarrassed.

"He's staying the night. If that's okay." Eddie said, sort of in a quiet tone.

"Oh, that's fine, honey."

"I went to drop him off at home, but his dad was drunk and slamming things. I figured it was best to bring him here."

"Well, bless his heart. Could I get you boys something to eat?"

"We already ate. We should be okay."

"Alright. I'm going to go to bed. Don't stay up too late. It's a school night."

"I know, I know. Eleven. Bed time."

The two walked back into the living room. Eddie's mother gave Chris a smile, and told him a goodnight, along with giving him a kiss on the forehead. Eddie took a seat next to Chris, making himself comfortable.

"You okay?" Eddie asked kind of slowly.

"Yeah, I'm alright." Chris assured Eddie with a smile.

"So... home life is pretty bad?" Eddie asked, even though he already knew what the answer would be.

Chris chuckled. "Well, honestly, it sucks. He just drinks all the time unless he's working. He always gets like that; angry and aggressive."

"Has he ever... hurt you?" Eddie asked cautiously.

Chris nervously bit his bottom lip. "Well, he's hit me a few times. Nothing too serious. I've learned to just lock my bedroom door and pretend to sleep all night. Well, until he passes out and I do fall asleep."

Chris hadn't really opened himself up to anyone before. He supposed he felt okay to open up to Eddie; a little.

"I'm sorry. That's gotta be tough to deal with." Eddie sighed.

He really hated it for Chris, that he had to deal with such. It made him feel sorry for his friend, but in another way, Eddie felt as if he wanted to be Chris' superhero. He wanted to pull Chris out of harm's way and keep him safe. He knew now Chris hurt. Anyone with a bad family, Eddie knew, hurt. Even though Chris wouldn't show it, his heart hurt.

"I'll be alright though." Chris assured him.

"Is there nowhere else you can go?"

Chris shrugged. "I don't really think so. All my connections to family were from my mom's side, and I don't hear anything from any of them anymore. I never really met much family from my dad's side, but the ones I did meet, we never really got close, you know."

Eddie nodded. "I understand. Well, you won't have to worry tonight. You're safe with me."

Eddie's words made Chris' heart melt. He had to admit, he did feel comfort and safety when he was around Eddie. It was a nice buzz Eddie gave off.

"I can sleep on the couch. You can take my bed."

Chris shook his head. "You've already done enough for me. Take your bed, it's fine, I'm good with sleeping on the couch."

"I insist though. You're the guest," Eddie chuckled, "You wanna shower or anything?"

"I already showered when I got home from school, so I'm good for now."

"Want some hot chocolate?" Eddie suddenly asked. Chris laughed a little.

"Sure, but only if you'll drink some."